NATURAL SPA RETREATS
With stunning views and wild swimming in nearby rock pools, these beautiful converted stone barn self-catering apartments for two set in a peaceful, unspoilt village, are the perfect rural spa retreats. Other conversions are also available (with a pool) for larger groups.
In the rugged and beautiful wine growing region of Corbieres, the apartments are situated just outside the local village of Servies en Val which offers an abundance of local produce and most amenities you might need.
In an area full of historic castles, a medieval abbey and close to the clear-running Alsou River you’re a 25 minute drive to the medieval city of Carcassonne, a world heritage site of UNESCO. The Canal du Midi, also a world heritage site, runs through Carcassonne and there are boat trips available from both Carcassonne and Trebes.
You can arrive by train or plane into Carcassonne or Bezier’s airport (and then rent a car) or head down the motorway from Toulouse or Narbonne to discover this quiet corner of France.
- Discovering the joys of wild swimming and diving into rockpools
- The simple french style of these luxury properties in such a fabulously relaxing setting
- The views, whether waterfalls, rockpools, the river or the hills really are part of your living space – as french doors open onto bedroom balconies, south facing terraces and gardens
- Although there’s no shop in the hamlet itself, every day you’ll hear a tooting horn and there will either be a butcher, grocer, fishmonger, driving through with selection of meats or fish. You can even flag down a ‘croissant lady’ every morning
- Despite the popular location, there is a feeling being ‘undiscovered’ – this really isn’t tourist trap france.
- Each of the luxury apartments for two has a french-style double bedroom and en-suite (with hot water warmed by plenty of sun on the solar panels) with a bath and walk-in shower. French doors open onto a south facing terrace or balcony with views of the river, waterfalls or the rolling hills of Corbieres. The ground floor apartment has an additional courtyard garden and sunny dining terrace.
- To the side of the properties is a shared river garden with stone steps leading to the river and rock pool – and within a few minutes’ drive there are two local lakes and rock pools for wild swimming and picnicking
- The living rooms, styled with a mix of modern and period pieces have plenty of books, a TV (with all the British channels just in case you’re missing your regular sitcom fix) – and french doors that open onto the terrace or balcony where you can dip into your book or simply day dream at the views.
- On the practical side, the underfloor heating giving warmth in winter (together with a wood burner for cosiness) and cool stone floors in the hot summer months. And there are washing facilities available in the laundry room downstairs
- For mental de-cluttering (or simply a well-deserved treat) there are holistic therapies on-hand (from reflexology to remedial massage, aromatherapy and Indian head massage) from Vladimir, the property owner who is a qualified holistic therapist!
Tony and Vladimir have a fascinating background that sounds like the material of a good film. Vladimir was born in Moscow where he studied harp and piano and then worked in stage design at Moscow’s Bolsoi theatre. After moving to London he met Tony, a graphic designer. and together they now design, plan and run five gites in the South of France. Valdimir has also studied holistic therapies and does an amazing massage.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Near Carcassonne, SW France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Near Carcassonne, SW France