Quirky Essex Cottage Stay
A unique and personality-filled cottage for four in the heart of riverside Burnham-on-Crouch. Use dog-friendly Oyster Catchers as a base for exploring undiscovered corners of beautiful Essex or simply chilling in this newly renovated holiday cottage.
Oyster Catchers Cottage is quietly tucked away whilst still the heart of this town, sometimes described as the “Cowes of the East Coast”. There’s lots of water based activities available and the lovely quayside is a nod to that maritime history. If you’re just here for a couple of days of R&R the town has great eateries to try out, but if you want to go further afield this area has loads going on. There’s RHS Garden Hyde Hall a half hour drive away or fun filled Southend-on-Sea the other way!
Getting to Burnham-on-Crouch is an easy hour by train from Liverpool Street and you don’t need a car once you’re there for a weekend of walking, eating and exploring!
- Oyster Catchers is full of personality. It’s not pristine and polished, but rather quirky and individual with art and furniture chosen to compliment this style. If you want somewhere that’s fun, stylish and well located to explore this great area then here you go…
- The kitchen has the basics to get you by, but the joy of Burnham-on-Crouch is that it has loads of pubs and eateries you can easily walk to for an easy night
- Being on the river means there’s loads of water based activities – sailing in particular – but it also means there’s loads of character and quayside charm in its old twisting laneways
- There are some great walks in the area, but if you are able to travel further afield then you can visit vineyards (like Clay Hill) beaches, historic towns and villages dotted through the beautiful Essex countryside
- Being dog-friendly means you can bring your furry friend too
- Two bedrooms, one a double the second a double or twin
- There’s a cozy lounge with a log burner
- Kitchenette and dining area with second log burner
- Newly fitted shower room
- Henry lives here some of the time so you will see traces of his (very unobtrusive) presence especially in the bright pink boot room
- Outside there’s a cute garden and courtyard
Henry is a renaissance man, with experience in the arts, hospitality and life! He’s a welcoming host with lots of local knowledge he´s happy to share, but also knows the importance of leaving you be.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Oyster Catchers Cottage
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Oyster Catchers Cottage