Stunning boutique hotel in Nardò, Salento
This converted palace has been renovated with incredible style and provides a luxe retreat with restaurant and pool in the heart of Nardò close to Lecce – a true Italian gem.
Palazzo Tafuri is in the heart of Baroque Nardò, close to the ornate Santa Chiara, surrounded by the characterful and historic alleyways and piazzas of this incredible town. However, somehow despite being in the middle of everything this stylish boutique hotel retains a sense of quiet and calm.
Nardò has long been a favourite of Further Afield – check out our blog on some of its highlights – with good reason. Full of charm and great eateries itself, it’s also in an area of great beauty. Head to the beaches of the Ionian coast, or discover historic cities like Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli and Otranto. But once you’ve stepped through the front door of this amazing building you might simply opt for days on the roof terrace or by the pool.
To get to Nardò, the easiest airports are Brindisi or Bari (for which there are direct UK flights) then it’s a 50 mile drive from Brindisi or a 130 mile drive from Bari airport.
- This is one of the most beautifully styled hotels we’ve come across. There is a seamless blend of the traditional features of this amazing hotel with modern, pared back elegant interior design
- The pool and terrace offer a wonderful respite from the height of summer in Nardò, but equally a tranquil haven whatever time of year
- The restaurant menu is curated by a local born chef who is keen to champion local dishes and the freshest Italian ingredients
- The room choice is extensive and there are configurations to suit most requirements
- Whatever room type you go for, they are all crafted with an eye for detail reflected in beautiful en suites and superb linens and bedding
- When you can face heading out then this is an area which offers so much: whether you’re looking for beach time, cultural enrichment, culinary explorations or simply space and a relaxed way of being then you’ll find it here
- At the root of what makes this so special is also Nardò itself. A Baroque gem of a town with a welcoming vibe and stunning streetscape. Oh and hardly anyone knows about it – yet!
- A collection of stunning suites and bedrooms
- Some suites offer two bedrooms, some have private terraces, some rooms have baths, some have terraces. Check when you book what you can expect
- Throughout the hotel there are spacious, tranquil and beautiful communal terraces and spaces
- Swimming pool which runs indoor to outdoor surrounded by ample terraces
- Rooftop terrace, for residents only, offering cocktails
- Ground floor bar and café opening on to an internal courtyard
- Superb restaurant offering fresh, local dishes with a stunning setting
- Staffed by a knowledgeable and approachable team which offers a concierge style service
Count and Countess d’Espous are the latest custodians of the historic Palazzo Tafuri and have overseen its transformation to boutique hotel in Nardò. They are experienced in all aspects of hospitality and food and have recruited a lovely team of staff who are at your disposal for a unique and beautiful stay at Palazzo Tafuri.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nardò, Puglia, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nardò, Puglia, Italy