Just like the Manorhaus Llangollen’s brightly painted front door, a short break at this gay friendly boutique B&B adds a splash of colour to your life. Elegant and decadent, the completely remodeled imposing Victorian townhouse offers superb accommodation and sublime food.
With stunning views of the castle and hills, the black and white painted Manorhaus sits at the heart of Llangollen town, best known for hosting the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod every July. Surrounded by beautiful Welsh countryside, the town is perfect for shoppers looking to peruse independent shops or for taking walks to soak up the history of the Castell Dinas Bran (Crow Castle), St Collen’s Church, canal views and experience the thriving arts scene.
For visitors who wish to stray further afield than the amazingly comfortable beds, the foothills of Snowdonia and the spectacular North Wales coast are close by. For town-based activities, Chester is just 35 minutes away, Liverpool is just an hour away and Manchester approximately an hour and a half.
- an elevated location means that the views across the town to the distant hills are next to none
- the beds are superbly comfortable and the surrounding area absolutely peaceful
- the rooftop hot tub is a fun addition
- the unflappable hosts, Gavin and Chris are excellent. The couple now run two operations, Manorhaus Llangollen and Manorhaus Ruthin with an enviably smooth professional calm. They also head up a vibrant and loyal team of staff.
- the toiletries are handmade in Ruthin and add an extra touch of local luxury to an already gorgeous place
- when there’s a group of you the Loft Room might be an option with its six single beds
- seven rooms and suites are top notch. Many have their own lounge area and those at the front enjoy spectacular views of the castle and Welsh countryside
- the Loft Room for a group of six in single cabin beds
- each room is decorated with the monochrome theme in mind, incorporating Melin Tregwynt fabrics, brightened with splashes of yellow, orange and original artwork
- the rooms are equipped with every gadget you need, from hairdryer to Douwe Egberts Senseo coffee machine and iPod docking clocks to de-mist mirrors
- bathing is a wonderful experience here. All rooms have a wet-room with rain head shower and the superior rooms and suites also have either an in-bedroom bath or free-standing bath tub
- The Cottage next door is also available for holiday lets and B& sometimes
Chris and Gavin have a passion for design, art, architecture and great food. At their first venture at nearby Manorhaus Ruthin they created a unique space where contemporary art is shown, discussed and enjoyed by the local community and visitors from around the world. Now in Llangollen they have built on their reputation and experience to create another wonderful boutique B&B where the best local art and photography is showcased.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Denbighshire, North Wales
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Denbighshire, North Wales