Stay for three nights or more and receive a 10% discount on the cost of your stay when you book direct. Remember to quote Further Afield when you book
To the Manoir born
Tucked away in the heart of a private parkland is this enchanting manor in western France, ideally placed for exploring the region. Manoir de Plaisance is a stylish, boutique French hotel with the modern comforts and conveniences you’d expect, without sacrificing any of its gorgeous 19th century charm.
In over 12 acres of private parkland, Manoir de Plaisance is secluded while still being connected. At 30 minutes away by car, both La Rochelle and Niort make for excellent day-tripping options. Known as “Green Venice”, Marais Poitevin is close by too, with its waters ideal for boating. Nearer, you’ve beautiful and traditional French towns like Benon, Vouhé, Surgères or Courçon, all offering great restaurants and all are easily reached.
If arriving by air, La Rochelle airport is only 30 minutes away or Nantes Atlantique Airport is a 1-hour, 40 minute drive. Alternatively, Bordeaux Airport is a 2-hour drive away.
- The grounds surrounding the manor have been carefully designed to remain wild looking yet picturesque, lending them a storybook quality
- All the guest rooms are generously sized – the suites with their own sitting rooms – and filled with light thanks to the floor to ceiling windows featuring Juliet balconies, all with fantastic countryside views
- We LOVE no TVs, but also appreciate the tablets that are provided in each room if you need some entertainment
- The traditional decor throughout the manor is lovely and stylish. Features such as antique chandeliers and marble fireplaces give an air of relaxed elegance
- The location, tucked away in a slightly under-the-radar area of France, is perfect for a quiet, restorative holiday but with plenty nearby to keep you busy
- Supper at home is marvellous, but there are plenty of options nearby too
- Four charming bedrooms and suites of differing sizes, but all beautifully decorated and with views across the stunning gardens
- All rooms have luxurious bathrooms with Molton Brown products and the bedding is top notch. There are also Nespresso machines in each of the rooms
- Stylish communal salons and a dining room with views across the grounds
- 12 acres of stunning parkland and gardens. Designed with a natural feel, there’s a sense of being truly hidden away here
- Lovely swimming pool (available May – September)
- A very French continental breakfast is included. Think croissants, breads, home made jams, selection of hams and cheeses, yoghurts, cereals and fresh fruit (season depending there are freshly grown fig, apple, pear and peach served at breakfast!)
- Table d’hôte meals available on four evenings per week. A fixed ‘menu du jour’ which includes aperitif, 3 course meal and cheese course. Aperitifs are served in the main Salon (or the grounds, weather depending) giving guests and hosts a chance to mingle. The meal is served at individual candle lit tables in the dining room
- Picnic hampers with simple, regional produce are available daily at lunch times for guests to enjoy in the grounds
Ben and Michael both had hospitality careers in the UK, Michael working in management roles in both boutique B&Bs and larger hotels, whilst Ben (who is British but was brought up in France) studied hospitality before working as a chef, restaurant manager and later hotel manager.
With a plan to open a B&B, when they were shown the Manoir at Plaisance they immediately fell in love with the setting, the park, the lakes and rivers, the peace and quiet and of course the beautiful manoir itself. Finally, they’ve found a home for their collection of French furniture, sourced from years of scouring Brocantes and Vide Greniers for fabulous French finds.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Manoir de Plaisance
Benon, Western France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Manoir de Plaisance
Benon, Western France