Historic holiday cottage in Halifax
This ultra-cozy holiday cottage is the perfect retreat and ideal base for exploring this beautiful region. In the same family for upwards of 300 years, the cottage is steeped in history but modern amenities are mixed harmoniously with traditional touches everywhere. With multiple nearby town and country day trip options – including Halifax itself, home of Anne Lister, now famous as ‘Gentleman Jack’- you won’t want to leave!
In historic and happening Halifax, the cottage is strolling distance to some lovely local pubs, restaurants, and shops. In the picturesque Calder Valley (now famous as the BBC’s “Happy Valley”), the house is an easy walk along the canal to the mill town of Sowerby Bridge with its antique shops and laneways. Slightly further is arts hub Hebden Bridge, and Haworth, home of the Bronte sisters, as well as the gorgeous Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Well connected, Halifax is served by great road, rail and air links (Manchester and Leeds are close by) and Halifax railway station provides direct trains to London, Leeds, and Manchester as well as many others. Staying at the cottage you can go car free as bus routes pass close by and connect up with the wider public transport network.
- The homely feel of the cottage. The antique details (gaslights, windows from the 1600’s, etc) paired with the tranquil furnishings and the sense of family history here really set the mood
- Dog friendly CAMRA pub very close by which produces delicious home made Yorkshire fare
- All the comforts and conveniences of a fully equipped, modern property are here (open, sunny kitchen, high end shower, work space) without taking away from the historic cottage feel
- How accessible numerous sites (both town and countryside) are from here, as well as being very connected to major roads and urban centres via train
- The private seating area in the front garden offers a cheerful spot to unwind in
- The views from the bedroom of the Calder Valley really are fantastic!
- Quality bathroom with Aqualisa digital shower/bath
- Double bedroom with Z bed or cot for a child, plus a sofa bed for one in the sitting room
- Free WiFi and Smart TV with freeview, plus radio and bluetooth speaker
- Luxurious Hypnos super king bed (which can be configured as twin beds)
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Washer-dryer (handy for unpredictable Yorkshire weather..)
- Gas powered cast iron stove in sitting room and central heating throughout
- Bring Fido – find out more
Jane’s relationship with the property began when she purchased it from her mother, upon discovering it was about to be obtained by the local council after being unoccupied for many years. Having been inhabited by her family for approximately 300 years, Jane lovingly restored the cottage, while updating it to provide a high level of comfort for guests. Read more about the history of Dyer’s Cottage.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Halifax, West Yorkshire
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Halifax, West Yorkshire