Magnificent luxury hotel in Surrey
Great Fosters is a charming Tudor estate steeped in royal history and located just outside of Windsor in the heart of Surrey. Part of the Alexander Hotels collection this British beauty is gay, family and dog friendly. Set in 50 acres of iconic gardens and grounds, the instantly recognisable red-brick facade and chimney tops of Great Fosters is a sight to behold and just half an hour from London it’s the ideal spot for a mid-week or weekend break.
This country house hotel is surrounded by 50 acres of stunning grounds and gardens filled with sculptures, water features and beautiful listed topiary mazes. During the summer the heated terraces and patios along the southern aspect of Great Fosters come alive with breakfast, lunch, Afternoon Tea & supper served al fresco. Even on cooler evenings it’s a lovely place to sit and enjoy dinner al fresco with outdoor heaters on request.
The Estate also boasts a superb art-deco heated outdoor pool, which is open during the summer months.
Check out Lulu from Lulu’s Luxury Lifestyle review of her stay at Great Fosters.
Set amongst 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland, Great Fosters is a dreamy setting for your wedding or celebration. Find out more about events at Great Fosters.
Minutes from the M25 Great Fosters is a beautiful red-brick Tudor building which has been transformed into a 42-room boutique hotel in Surrey, within half an hour of London.
Ascot and Windsor are 15 minutes away and Heathrow is just 10 minutes’ drive.
- If you’re short on time Great Fosters is close enough to London to really get the most out of a one-night break
- 50 acres of stunning grounds and gardens filled with sculptures, water features and beautiful listed topiary mazes
- Outdoor heated pool. Open during the summer months with sun loungers and bar
- The Tudor Pass was awarded a Michelin star in 2023 and is an intimate restaurant with only seven tables and is open for lunch & dinner Wednesday – Saturday
- On a sunny day there’s no better place to enjoy breakfast or Afternoon Tea than on the south-facing terraces which lead onto the manicured gardens. Even on cooler evenings it’s a lovely place to sit and enjoy dinner al fresco with outdoor heaters
- Great Fosters has 56 rooms and suites spread across the Main House, Coach House, Cloisters and the newly renovated Dower House. The lavishly decorated suites are fit for a King or Queen
- Wheelchair friendly rooms are available; they are in the courtyard and boast spacious bathrooms with large showers
- Contemporary child-friendly and are available in the courtyard
- Medium sized (and smaller) dogs are welcomed and charged at £40 per stay
- The outdoor heated pool is open during the summer months.
- The cocktail Bar and Terrace is the ideal setting for a cocktail, mocktail or a romantic evening with someone special. The Terrace is open throughout the day and offers a fantastic selection of drinks, Afternoon Tea, and tempting aperitifs
- During the cooler months cosy up by one of the fireplaces in one of the sitting rooms
- There are two restaurants to choose from: The Estate Grill a relaxed affair and is open seven days a week and offers informal dining under a vaulted oak beamed ceiling and the more formal Tudor Pass Michelin star restaurant
The Alexander Hotel collection includes Grade II listed buildings with grand entrance halls and luxury accommodation near London in Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.