The Peren shows that style and ethics can co-exist very happily. Simon and Andrew’s architect-designed gay friendly self catering accommodation for two to five blends a shaker design sensibility with comfort to create a rare kind of calm, peace and contemporary luxury.
The Guardian 2014 : Cool cottages and Top 50 Rural Escapes.
The Independent: Top luxury barns
Hay on Wye with its unique independent shops and galleries is the perfect escape from the stresses of modern life. The Peren – about 1.5 miles from Hay – is set in its own one acre private garden and meadow, and is the perfect base from which to explore the dramatic Brecon Beacons National Park, rivers and mountains.
- Hay On Wye: from Tapas to cafe chic in BOOTHS, the beautifully renovated bookshop across (also boasting a luxury leather 50-seater cinema) it’s easy to hang out in town – if you are not tempted by FISHING ON THE RIVER WYE or heading for the hills
- whether you take to a CANOE, hop on a HORSE or sweat uphill, there is more than enough to keep you busy, fit and endlessly full of admiration for the breathtaking views that meet the eye
- gastro and Michelin starred pubs and restaurants in surrounding area
- eco features: Heating and hot water supplied by renewable energy. Both the build and design utilised sustainable practices/materials. Re-cycling and local food policy
- Two double bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the other with a double and single beds with high quality cotton sheets. En-suite bathrooms to both
- Private entrance, parking, garden and meadow
- Under floorheating – ground floor and bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen stocked with basics
- Double ended bath and rain shower
- Swedish log burning fire
- Local flowers and Neal’s Yard toiletries
- Wifi, DVD and high definition flat screen TV
Two months away from the treadmill in Australia and New Zealand were the inspiration for Simon and Andrew to create The Peren. ‘We wanted to recreate the best of what we had seen on our travels…a place to stay that was designed simply and stylishly and with a thoughtfulness for tired bodies and minds.’
ReviewsLeave your own
Matt and Andrew: April 2012
We stayed at The Peren for Easter weekend and didn't want to leave! The location is perfect...set back from the main road enough to mean that the only noise is the birds, but close enough to Hay on Wye for an hour or two browsing the bookshops. The barn itself has been extremely well designed (we loved the hidden staircase and the glass floor!), tastefully decorated (modern with cottage twist!), and equipped with everything you need - including the logs for a fire in the evenings! We have already recommended it to friends and will be back soon ourselves!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Hay On Wye, Welsh Borders, Wales
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Hay On Wye, Welsh Borders, Wales