A spacious farmhouse for gatherings
Treworgey Farmhouse – a beautiful, Cornish holiday house sleeping 11 – is picture perfect! Outside, roses climb the walls and there are wonderful views over the valley to the river below. Being part of Treworgey Farm – a collection of 15 – you’ve access to its pool and other great facilities meaning that, coupled with this idyllic location, it’s a haven for both adults and children (and dogs!)
It’s not advertised as one, but if you’re looking for a intimate venue for your wedding or other event then this stunning setting could be perfect. There’s more information online.
Treworgey Farmhouse faces south, overlooking the beautiful Looe River Valley amidst 150 acres of rolling green countryside. It’s a truly beautiful spot with plenty to do – with a pool and various facilities on the farm itself. A 10-minute drive takes you to the charming town of Looe. Seaton Beach is a 20-minute drive, as is beautiful Bodmin Moor. The Eden Project is only half an hour away and you can reach Lizard Point, St. Michael’s Mount and the subtropical gardens on Trebah in about an hour and a half.
Newquay airport is 45 minutes by car and Exeter an hour and a half. The closest rail station is Sandplace and transfers can be arranged with notice. Liskeard is the closest main line station, connecting you to London in 3.5 hours.
- There’s so much to do here whatever your age: tennis, heated swimming pool, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, horse riding, kids’ club…everyone is catered for
- If you fancy holing up by the fire with a film or a board game, homemade meals can be delivered to your door so you don’t need to lift a finger
- Four-legged friends are very welcome. Not only will they be greeted with their own welcome pack, there’s both a private garden and a dedicated, secure paddock for them to run around in, plus a purpose-built dog shower. It’s the Ritz for dogs!
- Head out of school holidays for a calmer (and cheaper) stay
- The owners have an incredible approach to sustainability. 20 acres of the farm are used to grow biofuel, which provides the cottages with their heat and hot water – it’s really impressive
- The area is full of great places to eat and drink, perfect for refuelling after a long day exploring
- Six comfortable and extremely peaceful bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor along with a walk in shower, making it easier to access
- There are two ensuite bathrooms, a family bathroom plus that shower room on the ground floor
- The living and dining rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished with armchairs, sofas, antiques and gorgeous inglenook fireplaces
- The big, farmhouse kitchen has both an AGA if you’re used to traditional farmhouse cooking and a range cooker if you’re not!
- Not every holiday house has a baby grand piano, but this one does so you can play to your heart’s content
- You may just want to get cosy in the farmhouse, but If you fancy a night out without the children, a babysitter can be arranged – one of many facilities aimed to make a stay with kids as stress free as possible for you, and as much fun as possible for them
- The farm has superb facilities including a swimming pool, kids club, spa, tennis… it goes on
Treworgey Farm has been a labour of love for Linda and Bevis for 40 years now. In 1977, fresh back from their honeymoon, they bought and began restoring one abandoned barn after the other. Their love for the area, attention to detail, and respect for the environment have been past down to their daughter Holly and her husband Andy, who now run the cottages with them.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.