Luxury Yorkshire retreat with pool
This Georgian beauty of a house represents the very best of Yorkshire holiday homes. Luxury and style are evident throughout, but it’s the unexpected that takes this house to the next level. Swimming pool. Gym. Sauna. Highmoor truly is an exceptional retreat for bringing together family or friends.
Highmoor is in the traditional Yorkshire village of Ainderby Quernhow, ideally located for exploring the Dales and Moors of this stunning part of the UK. There are numerous market towns close by, including Thirsk with its connections to Yorkshire’s most famous vet – James Herriot. Beautiful York and Harrogate are less than an hour away and make for smashing days out. But one of the real joys of a stay at Highmoor is the access to the outdoor pursuits on the doorstep. Take the time to regroup and restore and at the end of the day return to one of the most beautiful holiday homes we’ve come across.
Trains from across the UK can carry you to Yorkshire and you could take a taxi to Highmoor if you’re planning on exploring the local area but a car certainly makes it easier to get about.
- Highmoor is quite simply a beautiful example of Georgian English architecture. Red brick and sash windows outside with high ceilings and traditional features throughout the interior
- The pool, gym and sauna mean Highmoor is not only a unique and top quality holiday home, but it’s also one that offers a fabulous venue whatever the Yorkshire weather holds
- The house also has lovely spaces to relax and spread out, with plenty of extras to keep everyone entertained – from large screen TVs to board games
- Throwing open the huge French windows of the kitchen and gathering everyone together around the table. It’s what holiday homes are all about
- When you can’t be bothered to cook you could arrange for caterers and wine delivery so you can simply chill out
- Exploring the area on foot, two wheels or on horse back is a life affirming experience – one which reminds you of the beauty and serenity of the English countryside
- The master bedroom suite offers a real taste of luxury and provides a proper retreat – ideal for parents needing a little space!
• Five bedrooms, two of which are ensuite
• Sitting room and snug ideal for chilled evenings and chilly ones as there are open fires, plus a study with board games
• Large, well equipped eat in kitchen with dining table seating 10
• Gym, steam room and sauna in the basement
• Beautifully maintained gardens with firepit and terraces
• Heated indoor swimming pool in a recently restored pool house with showers
• Highmoor has Wifi and Sonos throughout
• Full range of utility and ancillary features
• Holidays at Home can arrange all sorts of extras like caterers and yoga classes
Highmoor forms part of the Holidays at Home collection of beautiful holiday homes across Yorkshire. Family run, the collection only works with houses of distinction and charm and work hard to ensure you have the best possible stay.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Ainderby Quernhow, North Yorkshire
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Ainderby Quernhow, North Yorkshire