Boutique Dorset Holiday Cottage
Nestled in beautiful Dorset countryside, close to coastal and inland West Country gems, is this lovingly converted stable, now a perfect dog-friendly holiday cottage for four.
Stable Cottage is in the hamlet of Woolland, in the heart of the Blackmore Vale. Your hosts have acres of semi wild meadows through which you can ramble and take advantage of the incredible views across rolling Dorset hills. Head out and you have coastal delights like Durdle Door and Abbotsbury around 30 minutes away or alternatively even closer there are historic towns like Sherborne and Shaftesbury to explore. There’s a country pub within walking distance too!
Central Dorset is well served by road, with the A303 and motorways close by. There are train stations nearby too, but a car will really help you get the best out of a stay here
- The attention to detail is incredible here, both in terms of the restoration of the stables and the facilities provided
- Little touches like blankets for cooler nights, superb welcome pack and Vera Wang towels make for a stay that little bit more special
- We love the exposed brick walls, stone floors, and aged beams all perfectly complimented by pale paintwork and stylish furnishings
- Anywhere which includes Ritual or Aesop toiletries will always be a winner in our book
- Sam and Andrew provide guests with two push bikes if you’re up for exploring on two wheels and there’s a village pub about a mile away – happy days!
- Closer to home an evening al fresco in your private garden or up in the meadows beyond the house – with those stunning views – is as restful as they come
- A wander through the antique shops in Sherborne can easily while away an afternoon
- Two king bedrooms, one of which can be configured as a twin room
- One shower room and a restored copper bath and sink in the main bedroom
- On one level, but with some steps, some easier access for those less mobile
- Lovely cottage style kitchen, fully equipped for home chefs if cooking at home is your thing, including classic Smeg fridge freezer and proper oven
- Wifi and Smart TV
- Welcome pack of essentials and some local treats makes this feel like coming home
- The sitting room has a log burner and a Smart TV for cozy nights in
- Bedding and towels are top quality boutique hotel standard
- Private garden space as well as access to your hosts meadows with stunning views
- One small well behaved dog is welcome
Andrew and Sam took the plunge to relocate from London life to rural Dorset in October 2020. Since then, they have completely renovated the crumbling Victorian stable block. Both are from the north of the UK and have lived, worked, and travelled across many countries. They both obviously love to travel and especially like the finer touches you get in places like Soho House but a firm favorite of theirs is Brazil. Dorset is now home for these two, with time spent exploring the local villages, hidden country pubs and coastal restaurants along with the delights of a complete home refurbishment project.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.