Devon Farm Holiday Home
This dog-friendly character house is the perfect holiday home for six in stunning Devon countryside. Spacious and stylish the house has huge gardens, a hot tub and is ideally located to explore Devon and Dartmoor.
Nestled in incredibly beautiful Devon countryside, this three bedroom farmhouse style holiday home is surrounded by its own gardens in the village of Penstone, has footpaths from the front door and is close to Dartmoor and its wild beauty. Towns like Crediton and Exeter are easily visited, but if you choose to stay local you can find an award winning local pub – The Duck – in nearby Yeoford.
A car makes things easier and the A30 is close by, but you could take the train to Yeoford and from there it’s a quick drive or a 20 minute walk.
- The Cider Barn has a lovely spacious feel, with a huge kitchen and sitting room, perfect for a group get together
- The style is relaxed and modern but embracing the history and architecture of this lovely old building
- There’s a massive garden with dining area, hot tub and you can access the surrounding fields – perfect dog friendly holiday space
- If you hire the pizza oven Cat and Gabriel can provide fabulous sourdough pizza bases
- Head out and explore lovely towns like Crediton, a Devon market town full of history and character
- We love a trip that can be car free and you can take the train and walk to the house from the station, walk the maze of local footpaths and stay local and eat at a smashing local pub
- This is a family run holiday home and that’s evident in the care and attention that has been lavished throughout and whilst the house is attached the family’s house you also have privacy and masses of space to yourselves
- Three double bedrooms, one of which can be configured as a twin
- One bedroom and one of the two bathrooms are on the ground floor making it easier access for those less mobile
- Spacious, well equipped kitchen with dining space in which you’ll discover the welcome hamper of local goods and first light essentials
- Lovely sitting room with gas stove for cosy nights
- Beautiful gardens with dining space and views across rolling Devon countryside
- There’s a wood fired hot tub and a pizza oven you can hire too
- The owner’s family live next door and are on hand to help plan experiences during your stay but they give you plenty of space too
Cat and her partner have recently moved to Penstone. They are starting to build their dream of running a working livestock/cut flower farm that is also a wildlife haven. They both come from conservation backgrounds and Cat is a gardener working full time on the farm. They both adore Devon and love welcoming new people to their peaceful corner of the countryside.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Cider Barn
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Cider Barn