Gourmet Sicilian retreat
Get away from it all at this glam and characterful farm stay where tradition meets high end comfort, with a good helping of gourmet food and wine. This stunning farm stay on Sicily sees traditional architecture brought bang up to date with lovely rooms, amazing grounds and super pool.
Check out this wonderful film of Susafa
In the Polizzi Generosa region of central Sicily, Susafa is ideal if you’re looking to wake up to birdsong instead of traffic noise. Rolling hills with winding roads and fabulous views are everywhere here, as well as some of the best vineyards anywhere. Madonie Park is half an hour’s drive and a great day trip option for hikers, while the glittering coast is only an hour.
Both Palermo Airport and Catania Airport are a 1 hour, 40 minute’s drive.
- The entire property exudes a relaxed yet incredibly stylish feel. Every corner here looks editorial ready, with rooms and suites in cool, modern shades mixed with original features including stone walls and tiled floors
- The breakfast is made with locally sourced ingredients, including some from the vegetable and herb gardens on the farm
- The restaurant (with tasting and standard menus) is top notch and bar in the winery is a really lovely place to relax
- The wide range of cooking classes on offer are a fantastic way to take away some authentic, delicious Sicilian recipes. There are also wine and cheese tastings during the week
- The beautiful pool has sweeping countryside views and the gardens full of aromatic and stunning planting
- Opting for a suite with mountain views is worth it. Waking up and falling asleep to that scenery is an unmissable experience
- 18 rooms, each unique and of varying sizes, but each with lovely en suites
- Great communal areas, inside and out
- Pool with sun loungers and towels
- Massage therapy treatments at select times
- Amazing breakfast, plus fantastic bar and restaurant
- Air conditioning and heating throughout the property
- Cooking classes and winery tours available
- Vegetable and herb garden on site
Owned by the Saeli-Rizzuto family since the mid 19th century, heirs Manfredi and Tommaso decided to bring their beloved family property into the 21st century and share it with the world. Since opening its doors in 2008, their mission has been to showcase the traditions of this area to guests, and to fully immerse them into its way of life.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.