Stylish, family cottage in Whitby
With views across both Whitby’s Abbey Steps and the Yorkshire coast, this lovely cottage captures so much of why this area makes for such a fantastic UK staycation.
On Yorkshire’s often wild coastline you’ll find some remarkable coastal towns and Whitby is one of them. With its ruined Gothic abbey (inspiration for Bram Stocker’s Dracula), numerous beautiful coastal walks, a bustling town centre (year round), traditional and unspoilt architecture and easy access from across the North and beyond, it’s easy to see why Whitby has become such a popular UK staycation destination. Greenfingers is in the heart of this lovely town, with the bustle around it but with a cozy and quiet charm when you’re ready to retreat.
Whitby has great road and rail access from across the region.
- The location of this cottage is a real winner. If you’re looking for a stress-free, car-free stay then welcome to Greenfingers. Everything is within a few minutes walk: shoreline, country walks, restaurants, historic monuments… tick, tick, tick and tick
- Being this central Greenfingers has fab views and some rooms have them down to the harbour and sea beyond. Magical.
- The interiors of Greenfingers have been carefully renovated and its styling beautifully curated. Comfy sofas and beds, modern bathrooms and kitchen are all great as are the little touches that make it feel even more homely
- Those touches include the wood burner in the sitting room and the underfloor heating in the kitchen diner, which are particularly welcome in the midst of a Yorkshire winter
- Whitby is great but it’s a shame not to explore the surrounding area too because it’s beautiful! Places like Robin Hood Bay or head inland to the incredibly atmospheric North Yorks Moor.
- If you do fancy a fix of urban beauty whilst you’re here you could head across to York which is about an hour’s drive. Alternatively scoot down the coast to fabulous Scarborough which is fun for an afternoon
- When you’re done with the exploring it’s just so nice to get back to Greenfinger’s and close that old cottage door on the rest of the world
- Three king size bedrooms
- Two bathrooms, one of which is en-suite
- Well fitted kitchen breakfast room
- Courtyard garden with outside seating
- Sitting room with sofas and wood burner
- Everything you’d expect from a luxury cottage stay including Wifi, Netflix and more
- There isn’t designated parking but Whitby has loads of public parking and David and the team at Shoreline can help you plan parking
Greenfingers is managed by Shoreline Cottages, a boutique agency which only looks after high end places to stay in and around Whitby. They keep their books deliberately small to keep things personal, attentive and professional.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.