Havana meets Costa Brava
In beautiful, coastal Begur, just north of Barcelona is hip, cool and unique but above all welcoming, Hotel Aiguaclara. Explore coastal walks, ancient towns and stunning beaches before making use of the laid back bar and restaurant downstairs in this converted 19thcentury colonial style mansion.
In the heart of Begur, a bustling but chilled out Spanish town bearing testament to the fortunes of past inhabitants who headed to the Spanish colonies, there are masses of great bars and resturants. You’ve also a beach within walking distance and there’s a network of coastal walks connecting you to further away coves and inlets. Jump in the car and nearby you’ve Medieval towns like Regencós or Púbol – famed for the Gala Dalí Castle, a beautifully preserved Medieval castle – testament to Salvador Dali’s genius.
You’re two hours from Barcelona airport or from Girona, less than an hour. Train and bus options are possible, but a car gives you the freedom to explore.
- Everything about Hotel Aiguaclara oozes laid back, coastal vibes. Amazingly attentive service, a bar with live DJs and a sitting room with a vinyl collection to explore in relaxed and restorative surroundings
- Each bedroom is different, some with balconies or terraces, but all ensuite and all filled with fascinating object d’art. The views from some of the rooms are simply lovely across town and country
- Breakfast is a beautifully crafted and extensive affair and there’s also a great restaurant for evenings en casa
- The ease of getting to Begur, but the fact that it feels a million miles away from the package holiday visions of the costas, is a real draw
- The area is rammed full of amazing places to explore, a favourite of ours being Medieval Girona and its winding, cobbled streets
- If you choose to book the apartment next door you can still have breakfast in the hotel. Lovely.
- 11 rooms of varying sizes, including a two bedroom apartment next door
- One easier access room on the ground floor with no steps and walk in shower
- Some of the rooms can accommodate extra beds too
- All rooms are ensuite and some have balconies or terraces
- Breakfast takes places in the lovely conservatory overlooking the patio and has a well-stocked buffet including a selection of food for particular dietary requirements, plus cooked options included with your stay
- There’s a great little restaurant in the garden, as well as a funky little bar serving cocktails
- There’s also a private “chill out” area reserved for guests of the hotel
- You can take Fido with you and he’ll be made more than welcome
Joan and Clara left Barcelona and their city lives there to give themselves and their children a different way of life. Since 2000 they’ve been running Hotel Aiguaclara and it reflects both their fun and friendly personalities, but also their dedication to providing great service in a welcoming and laid back way.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Begur, Costa Brava, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Begur, Costa Brava, Spain