Tucked away in the beautiful and historic Spanish town of Archidona, this stylish, personal, white-washed guest house is an idyll of peace – with a plunge pool, shaded terraces and stunning sierra views with guaranteed sunsets! The hotel borders the wooded hillside that rises above the old town of Archidona, yet is just minutes from the beautiful Plaza Ochavada and local bars and restaurants.
Jo and Ken have organised a range of great events at Almohalla 51 and catering, entertainment and activities can be tailored to your requirements.
Archidona is at the heart of Andalucia and the hotel is perfectly located within easy reach of a number of famously cultural and beautiful cities. Malaga (and airport) is only 40 minutes away, Granada 1 hr, Córdoba 1.20 hr, Sevilla is 1.30 hr and Ronda 1.20 hr. There are also a host of smaller gems like the spectacular towns of Comares, Iznajar, Osuna and Antequera nearby. Suggested itineraries are available and we can book tickets for Palaces and Mosques on request. Transfers and public transport options are available.
- This is authentic Spain. Archidona is a beautiful but proper working Spanish town with few tourists, so this is a wonderful window on Spanish life.
- The vibrancy of Spain is all part of the appeal but ‘serenity’ is at the heart of Almohalla 51, which exudes tranquility and relaxation. With lots of spaces, (indoors and outdoors) you will find yourself spoilt for choice for private corners to soak up the sun or read a book.
- Along with birthday and wedding celebration parties, Jo and Ken have recently introduced special interest breaks for groups of up to 10 people. These include Cycling, Walking, Yoga/Pilates and Working breaks. The specialist interest breaks include an itinerary tailored to suit the requirements of the group.
- You can eat locally and very affordably in Archidona each night; be guided by the recommendations of Jo and Ken and you won’t go wrong.
- This is the perfect launch pad to visit Malaga, Granada, Seville and Ronda which are all an easy drive from Archidona but don’t forget the local white towns too, offering regular fiestas, markets and music events.
- Breakfast at Almohalla 51 showcases local produce, the molletes (handmade white bread rolls) drizzled in local oils and served with fruits, hams, cheese and eggs, along with Jo’s homemade granola and Shakshuka!
- The five rooms are simply furnished with a mix of modern and antique pieces from around the world – giving a peaceful contemporary feel. With walk-in showers or baths, these cool rooms are the perfect haven for a lingering siesta. You can choose from rooms with large doubles, or twin beds.
- The pool area has plenty of space for chilling around the plunge pool and enjoying a cool beer or cocktail!
- Behind the whitewashed façade there are peaceful communal sitting rooms with a wood burning stove for cooler months. There is also a well stocked library/music room and a snug created as a further additional space to play games, work or lounge out of the sun in. There is a fabulous Gallinera’ – a converted barn by the pool, that’s perfect for hiding away with a book or making the most of the beautiful views and sunsets.
- The location and stunning views across the sierra and beyond, offer you options to head out of town and explore the neighbouring olive groves, hills, villages, mountains and lakes by car, bike or even foot.
- There is excellent Wifi throughout and deals for longer stays, especially if you want a remote working break.
Jo and Ken made the decision to move to Spain and follow their dream of running a B&B overseas. They have traveled widely and strive to offer the same customer experience as they have received in their favourite places. They’ve carefully added to Almohalla 51´s style and bring a very welcoming and inclusive vibe, with atmosphere and ambience, making sure attention to detail and little personal touches are key in making your stay at Almohalla 51 truly memorable. They are happy to help suggest days out, places to eat, wine tasting… just about anything!
ReviewsLeave your own
Natasha and Ash: Summer 2021
This is a gorgeous little gem of a hotel tucked away in the hillside town of Archidona. Our room was huge, with lots of traditional features. The swimming pool area has great views over the rooftops of the nearby houses and there are so many areas to chill out in the courtyard, music room and on the rooftop. The service is really warm and friendly, and every morning (over a fabulous home-cooked breakfast) Jo and Ken are full of recommendations for your day. Overall we loved this place and would highly recommend it.
Helen and Miguel: Summer 2021
My husband and I stayed here for a two day break after our wedding in Seville. We were welcomed warmly by the new owners, Jo and Ken. The property is a beautifully refurbished old Spanish house, which has maintained its charm while adding bonus features, such as a pool. Jo and Ken were very helpful with suggestions for local activities, and their restaurant recommendations were spot on. Archidona is a great starting point to explore some of the many attractions Southern Andalucia has to offer. The breakfasts were just what we needed to start the day. Don't miss the homemade granola. We will be back.
Scott and Claire: Summer 2021
Superb hosts...really nice people and couldn’t help out enough! Delicious breakfast... great location for exploring Andalusia by car and lovely location for walking distance to local, traditional restaurants and bars etc.. Total escape with amazing views, and caring attention to detail in every way...it really is a special place!
Stephen: March 2019
A very welcoming and most comfortable stay. A beautiful property in a great location for touring. Breakfast was delicious . Large spacious room full of character. We loved the hospitality and friendly service. Highly recommended. Thank you.
Michael B: April 2018
This little gem rates as one of my all time favourites. Nestling in the hills of a typical small Spanish town above Malaga, this intimate haven is a sanctuary of peace and relaxation. The hosts have measured it just right with atmospheric areas in and out.Their welcome, attention to detail and superb breakfasts make this a perfect hideaway.
Go there, no hesitation!
Matt and David : July 2014
We discovered Almohalla 51 through the 'Further Afield' website, and as soon as we arrived we knew that all the reviews we had read were accurate and we were in for a wonderful holiday. The bedrooms were tastefully decorated and furnished and were cool despite the wonderfully sunny days. The pool and garden areas are quiet and relaxing...we couldn't believe how the day slipped by once we had settled by the pool! David and Myles are wonderful hosts, with plenty of suggestions of places to visit and eat. We did hire a car, and found the driving easy (due to the directions each day from David and Myles) and could park just outside each time we returned. On David and Myles' recommendation, we combined Almohalla 51 with two nights in Malaga which worked out extremely well. We would highly recommended staying at Almohalla 51, and we will be sure to return!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Archidona, Andalucia, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Archidona, Andalucia, Spain