Tucked away in the beautiful and historic Spanish town of Archidona, this stylish, personal, white-washed guest house is an idyll of peace – with a plunge pool, shaded terraces and stunning sierra views. If you don’t believe us about how fabulous this place is, then you can read this about it in THE GUARDIAN.
2013 – 2017: Trip Advisor Travellers Choice, Top 10 B&Bs in Spain
David and Myles have organised a range of great events in and around Almohalla 51, from weddings for 100 to birthday celebrations for 10 or house parties for groups of friends. Catering, entertainment and activities can be tailored to your requirements.
Five minutes walk from the centre of the lovely, traditional Archidona, with its choice of bars and restaurants as well as the beautiful Plaza Ochavada, its main plaza. The cultural cities of Malaga, Sevilla, Córdoba and Granada are all easily reached, but the town remains untouched by tourism.
It’s easy to reach from Málaga airport, just 40 minutes away. Granada airport is just under an hour. Seville a little further. Transfers and public transport options are available.
- This is authentic Spain. Archidona is a beautiful but proper working Spanish town with few tourists, so this is a wonderful window on Spanish life.
- The vibrancy of Spain is all part of the appeal but ‘serenity’ is at the heart of Almohalla 51. With lots of spaces, (indoors and outdoors) you will find yourself spoilt for choice for private corners to soak up the sun or read a book.
- You can eat locally and very affordably in Archidona each night; be guided by the recommendations of Myles and David and you won’t go wrong,
- This is the perfect launch pad to visit Granada, Seville and Ronda which are all and easy drive from Archidona but PLEASE don’t forget Malaga, a mere 40-minute drive away.
- Breakfast at Almohalla 51 showcases local produce, the molletes (handmade white bread rolls) drizzled in local oils and served with fruits, hams, cheese and eggs.
- The five rooms are simply furnished with a mix of modern and antique pieces from around the world – giving a peaceful contemporary feel. With walk-in showers or baths, these cool rooms are the perfect haven for a lingering siesta. You can choose from rooms with large doubles, or twin beds.
- All rooms have free WiFi and iPod docking stations
- The hotel has communal seating areas for lounging out of the sun or in front of the fire in the cooler months and a fabulous Gallinera’ – a converted barn that’s perfect for hiding away with a book or making the most of the views.
- When you glimpse views across the sierra beyond, you may be tempted to head out of town and wander the local groves and hills – or if you fancy it, explore this peaceful landscape on horseback or through activities like white water rafting which the guys can organise for you.
After years studying, travelling and living in Spain, owners David and Myles were keen to create a hotel that allowed them to share their love of the country and matched the high standards of service and hospitality they’d experienced on travels around the world. With careers in travel and marketing behind them, they opened Almohalla 51 to welcome guests in summer 2012.
ReviewsLeave your own
Michael B: April 2018
This little gem rates as one of my all time favourites. Nestling in the hills of a typical small Spanish town above Malaga, this intimate haven is a sanctuary of peace and relaxation. The hosts have measured it just right with atmospheric areas in and out.Their welcome, attention to detail and superb breakfasts make this a perfect hideaway.
Go there, no hesitation!
Matt and David : July 2014
We discovered Almohalla 51 through the 'Further Afield' website, and as soon as we arrived we knew that all the reviews we had read were accurate and we were in for a wonderful holiday. The bedrooms were tastefully decorated and furnished and were cool despite the wonderfully sunny days. The pool and garden areas are quiet and relaxing...we couldn't believe how the day slipped by once we had settled by the pool! David and Myles are wonderful hosts, with plenty of suggestions of places to visit and eat. We did hire a car, and found the driving easy (due to the directions each day from David and Myles) and could park just outside each time we returned. On David and Myles' recommendation, we combined Almohalla 51 with two nights in Malaga which worked out extremely well. We would highly recommended staying at Almohalla 51, and we will be sure to return!
Fin and Michael: July 2013
Just returned from a great stay at Almohalla 51. The owners David & Myles are welcoming, relaxed and helpful, always willing to offer advice and tips on things to do. The wide choice of breakfasts were all excellent, served on the warm terrace. The house is a wonderful mix of comfort and style, with plenty of quiet spaces both inside and outside to chill out in. We were hooked on spending the early evenings watching the sun set by the pool. We’d highly recommend Almohalla 51, if you want comfort, style and luxury. David and Myles are excellent hosts. I’m sure we’ll be back.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Archidona, Andalucia, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Archidona, Andalucia, Spain