Elegance in enchanting countryside
Decoy Farm House is a blissful country hideaway for friends or families. A house designed to be a proper retreat, with superb facilities for any chef, plus enough space to escape (from each other too if you need to) plus a myriad of days out within easy reach,
The house sits at the foot of dense wood and looks out across bright sprawling hills and meadows with views from nearly every window. The town of Somerton gave its name to the county of Somerset and its history goes back to medieval times. It’s a quintessentially English town with tree-lined streets and stone built shops, and has retained its weekly outdoor market since the middle ages. Well worth a visit to stock up on local fare. There are great walks and trails all around. Further afield there are super days out including picture perfect Shaftesbury, trendy Bruton and even the coast.
The M5 and A303 are close by, there are train stations handily close (including Castle Cary and Yeovil) and just 28 miles from Bristol Airport.
- The setting of this lovely house… there are views from nearly every window
- An incredibly well equipped kitchen with plenty of room for all to chat whilst something bubbles away on the stove
- Warmer days are perfect for being outside on the large terrace that wraps around the back of the house
- Squirrel away in one of the many corners to read your book or sit in front of the open fire. For when something more than a book is required for entertainment then why not snuggle up and watch a movie in the “sink in” cinema snug
- The three bedrooms are bright and modern
- The shepherd’s hut retreat down in the paddock for a sundowner cocktail or a wake up coffee
- 2 double bedrooms, one en-suite, and one single room. Nb:sleeping accommodation for the 6th guest is either on the trundle bed in the third room or in the cinema room
- Large well equipped kitchen with plenty of dining space
- Several sitting rooms including cinema room
- A Hot tub and decking for all weather fun
- There are sun loungers on the deck and additional outdoor seating for up to six people.
- Large family bathroom on the 1st floor
- Downstairs cloakroom and toilet
- Parking for 3 cars
- Pets allowed (a surcharge is applicable)
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.