Romantic Turkish Retreat
Escape to this getaway by the Aegean Sea and you’ll see why its regarded as one of the very best of its kind. Originally a stately mansion, Tas Otel was the first boutique hotel in the region. With B&B rooms and two villas, the team here has perfected the art of hospitality and making guests feel at home. Beautifully decorated, surrounded by natural beauty, with a lovely town and marina to explore and historic sites as easy day trips, Tas Otel has it all.
Check out their video to get an even better sense of what Tas Otel is about.
Tas Otel is located in the town of Alacati, on Turkey’s stunning Cesme peninsula. The town is known for its seaside charms and beautiful sandy beaches. Ilica Beach, with its white sand and crystal clear waters is a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The fascinating Ottoman empire Castle of Cesme (20 minutes by car) is a must when visiting. Back in town, Alacati’s lively marina is perfect for guests looking to enjoy the port’s famous wind surfing. Being in a region so rich in history, a day trip to the ancient city of Ephesus (an hour and a half by car) is essential, and very impressive.
During the summer months, when the town’s restaurants (among the best in Turkey) and bars are all open and the town bustles with activity is a great time to visit. For those who seek a more peaceful stay, spring and autumn offer a more relaxed visit.
Arrival is easy at Izmir Airport (a 1 hour drive), with car rentals always available. Transfers can also be arranged in advance.
- The look and overall feel of the hotel is one of relaxed elegance. White washed walls, wooden beamed ceilings, rooms filled with antiques, all looking out onto a bougainvillea filled garden with a stunning pool…It’s one of the loveliest settings you’ll come across
- The incredible, attentive staff here must be mentioned. Their warm and relaxed approach is refreshing and you feel immediately at home here because of it
- The afternoon, complimentary, all homemade tea is a wonderful touch. A perfect refresher after a day of exploring the region’s gems
- While feeling like a peaceful oasis, the hotel is moments away from cobblestoned laneways full of charming eateries and shopping. The best of both worlds!
- The locally sourced olive oil based toiletries in the ensuites are fantastic! After using them you’ll be glowing inside and out
- Seven guest rooms with ensuites featuring rainfall showers, one of which is on the ground floor and whilst easier to access is not fully wheelchair accessible
- Two villas are available, sharing the same garden and a swimming pool. The rates for these include breakfast, afternoon tea in the hotel garden and daily maid service. The kitchens of both villas are suitable for self catering if you prefer. Both villas can sleep up to 4 guests
- A delicious breakfast (served until 11!!) and afternoon tea are both included
- Luxurious toiletries, as well as bathrobes and beach towels
- All rooms are air conditioned and feature blackout shutters allowing you uninterrupted slumber
Owner Zeynep Ozis left her demanding job in marketing to fulfill her dream of owning a hotel and hasn’t looked back. She employs a small and dedicated team at Tas Otel that she is extremely proud of. Her love for animals is clear when visiting too – some of the sweetest dogs and cats call the hotel home. Zeynep fell in love with this stunning place to stay, as well as Alacati, and we reckon you might too…
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Alacati, Izmir, Turkey
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Alacati, Izmir, Turkey