A perfect Highland escape
An intimate eco friendly contemporary self catering cottage for two, from which you can explore the rugged landscape of the West Coast of Scotland.
The self catering Garden Studio is set slightly apart from Ard Daraich, a classic country home owned and run by Anna and Norrie, nine miles south of Fort William. Arrive by taking a long scenic drive around Loch Eil or go across the loch on the small car ferry at Corran which will transport you in a matter of minutes to Ardgour where there is a loch side pub and restaurant plus an award winning brewery with pizza oven and fresh bread available (details provided in the cottage). Ard Daraich is then only a few minutes away.
Two and half hours drive from Glasgow and three hours from Edinburgh.
- The style of the space and the fact that you have everything you need for a perfect stay
- The additional emphasis on eco friendly design and use of natural materials
- Access from the Studio to Anna and Norrie’s beautiful garden which is still very much a work in progress full of rare plants and places to sit and take in the ever changing landscape
- The vast choice of places to visit including the Island of Mull, the Cairngorms or, if you need to be in a town, Fort William
- The fact that pooch can come too for a small extra charge which gives a real impetus to go walking within this beautiful part of the Highlands
- A light and open plan living space with a fully equipped kitchen at one end and a cosy space for relaxing at the other complete with underfloor heating, a wood-burner and two deep sofas
- TV, DVD, CD player and digital TV. Library of books is also provided
- Downstairs there is also a drying room for outdoor gear
- Upstairs there is a white shaker-styled bedroom with a king size bed and en-suite bathroom with bath
- The Studio has its own small private garden and terrace but also access to Anna and Norrie’s much larger eight acre garden with its remarkable collection of plants, shrubs and trees and views across to Ben Nevis
ReviewsLeave your own
Adalaine: May 2019
Beautiful cottage in a stunning location, perfect for a retreat. Very friendly owners who take pride in their accommodation. Don't miss driving around the whole peninsula.
Andrew: December 2018
Ard Daraich is a wonderful place to unplug and get cosy. Wonderful walking from the door and with a car it's easy to reach some of the most beautiful, remote parts of Scotland. (Iona is a great day trip.) Anna and Norrie are wonderful hosts with a wealth of local knowledge and great conversation. You may very well feel an urge to kidnap their fox terrier, Crinan!
Kirsten: August 2018
Just as lovely as it looks on the website. I'd have happily moved in! On arrival the plants and flowers catch your eye and it's clear that Anna and Norrie pay attention to detail. The studio is no different and is cosy, welcoming and equipped to perfection. We loved the wood burning stove - but didn't really need it when we were there as we were lucky with the weather. We spent our days walking round lochs, watching wildlife in the glens and cycling - both to Strontian and the local pub (just 2.5 miles on a reasonably quiet road). The only times we really need the car was to go to Fort William for shopping and to visit Sanna Bay - stopping at all the lovely places in between.
Stephen, June 2018
We stayed in the studio for a week. Anna and Norrie were very welcoming and friendly. Fantastic location for exploring the peninsular and Fort William and beyond. The garden studio was perfect and had everything we could possibly need and more. Incredible views all around and the garden was as stunning as everyone says. I don’t think we saw a cloud all week and we had a great time – the only bad point was that the week flew by too quickly! Would love to return.
Barry, June 2018
We enjoyed our stay in this comfortable cottage which is surrounded by beautiful scenery. Anna and Norrie were helpful, and their local knowledge made our time there all the more rewarding. It was an added bonus to be able to wander through their lovely garden.
Amanda, March 2018
My husband and I had a lovely stay at the Garden Studio. The cottage is warm, cosy (loved the wood-burning stove!!) and beautifully decorated. The location is peaceful and remote but ideal to use as a base for exploring Fort William and the surrounding areas, and the views are spectacular. Our hosts (including their very cute dog) were friendly and welcoming and made us feel at home. We would definitely try to stay here again if we end up coming back for another visit to the area.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Ard Daraich Garden Studio
The West Coast of Scotland
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Ard Daraich Garden Studio
The West Coast of Scotland