A perfect Highland escape
An intimate eco friendly contemporary self catering cottage for two, from which you can explore the rugged landscape of western Scotland. You can rent this alongside the main house for larger groups – see Ard daraich.
The self catering Garden Studio is set slightly apart from Ard Daraich, a classic country home also owned and run by Anna and Norrie, nine miles south of Fort William. Arrive by taking a long scenic drive around Loch Eil or go across the loch on the small car ferry at Corron which will transport you in a matter of minutes to Ardgour where there is a loch side pub and restaurant plus a small village shop. Ard Daraich is then only a few minutes away.
Two and half hours drive from Glasgow and three hours from Edinburgh.
- the style of the space and the fact that you have everything you need for a perfect stay
- the additional emphasis on eco friendly design and use of natural materials
- access from the Studio to Anna and Norrie’s beautiful garden which is still very much a work in progress full of rare plants and places to sit and take in the ever changing landscape
- the vast choice of places to visit including the Island of Mull, the Cairngorms or, if you need to be in a town, Fort William
- the fact that pooch can come too for a small extra charge which gives a real impetus to go walking within this beautiful part of the Highlands
- a light and open plan living space with a fully equipped kitchen at one end and a cosy space for relaxing at the other complete with underfloor heating, a wood-burner and two deep sofas
- TV, DVD, CD player and digital TV. Library of books is also provided
- downstairs there is also a drying room for outdoor gear
- upstairs there is a white shaker-styled bedroom with a king size bed and en-suite bathroom with bath
- The Studio has its own small private garden and terrace but also access to Anna and Norrie’s much larger eight acre garden with its remarkable collection of plants, shrubs and trees and views across to Ben Nevis
ReviewsLeave your own
Stephen Y, February 2018
I had three great nights here. Anna and Norrie were very helpful and accommodating, without being intrusive. The cottage was wonderful as were the views from it. One thing of a special note is the view of Ben Nevis from the bedroom window. I've never been to the highlands before but will be definitely returning!
Chris Patterson, March 2018
We stayed in the cottage for four nights in March. The hosts were welcoming and approachable, the cottage is beautiful and our stay was very comfortable and relaxing. The location is a perfect base for exploring the stunning Lochaber area. Visiting some sights requires a short ferry trip (or a scenic drive around Loch Eil), but there is more than enough exploration to be done on the north-west side of Loch Linnhe. The Wifi in the cottage was fast and reliable.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Ard Daraich garden studio
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Ard Daraich garden studio