Luxury Farmhouse in the Dordogne
Live out all of your Dordogne holiday fantasies and then some at this stunningly restored 5-star farmhouse. The generously sized hideaway is perfect for a group getaway, and features high-end, modern design and finishes that will make your stay truly special. Secluded, far from the stresses of modern day life, Le Mas will take your breath away whilst making you feel right at home.
If you are in need of a bit more room, Rupert and Franck also own the lovely neighbouring cottage Le Mazet which sleeps two more.
Le Mas’ location, while secluded, is also very convenient for venturing out to discover the Dordogne. For outdoor lovers, the Dordogne river is 25 minutes by car with its supervised beach, as well as canoe rentals. Hiking and cycling trails are literally on the doorstep. The adorable 13th century Monpazier, named one of France’s prettiest villages, with its bars, restaurants and shops is a 12 minute drive away.
If arriving by air, the closest airport is Bergerac – a 40 minute drive away. The closest international airport is in Bordeaux and is approximately 2 hours away by car.
- The high-end design here is stellar. Stylish and modern touches blend perfectly with the historic elements of the house
- The private swimming pool has a fantastic view looking out over the valley beyond. A perfect spot to catch some sun and enjoy a drink
- The outdoor covered summer kitchen. Formally a barn, it has been cleverly renovated and opened up to provide an inviting space for outdoor gatherings
- The finishing touches make all the difference. Complimentary toiletries, 100% Egyptian cotton linens, and goose down duvets are just some of the surprises here
- To take your glamorous holiday to the next level, why not hire a chef to cook for you at Le Mas? Locally sourced, traditional French meals prepared by an expert – perfect
- The fact that each bedroom is en suite makes for a happy holiday!
- 5 rooms, sleeping 10 plus 2 children (If renting Le Mas & Le Mazet together, 6 bedrooms, sleeps 12 + 2 children)
- Swimming pool with sun loungers, deck chairs and parasols
- An outdoor summer kitchen – a fantastic place to gather with loved ones for some excellent meals and views
- A well-equipped, large scale indoor kitchen
- WiFi, portable speaker, and flat screen TV with satellite are welcome add-ons
- A large private garden area provides a serene and restorative space
- There are two wood burning fireplaces in the house, great for cozy evenings
- All bedrooms feature modern, elegant en suite bathrooms
- Outdoor games such as table tennis are available
- Two bedrooms are on the ground floor, one of which is accessible with a wheelchair: there is an external door, an internal door to the kitchen and then on to the sitting room (all on one level) and another door leading to the bathroom. All the doorways are 90cm wide. The bathroom has hand rails and a large wet-area shower area
Owners Rupert and Franck left their former careers and home of Amsterdam in 2015 to pursue a new life in the Dordogne. It was love at first sight when they saw the property which Le Mas forms part of, and quickly began restoring and updating the property. Their mutual love for the region’s culture, history, wildlife, and culinary traditions is strong, and they hope you will come away from your stay as in love with it all as they are.
ReviewsLeave your own
September 2017, Rebecca, UK
We have just returned from celebrating my husband\'s 50th birthday at Le Mas and have had an amazing time. We are lucky and normally stay in lovely hotels and have always been a little wary of self-catering. However, Le Mas and Rupert and Franck have restored our faith in it and have shown how it should be done. The pool area was beautiful and the outdoor kitchen and eating area fantastic. We spent many evenings drinking and eating there until the early hours. In the house everything was spotless and every need provided for. Every detail had been carefully considered and the place felt like a home from home. The beds were some of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in and all of our friends remarked upon the same. Rupert and Franck were superb hosts, leaving a lovely welcome pack for the first night and on hand to give advice about the area. Perfect.
Autumn 2107, Gina, UK
We loved staying at Le Mas and wanted to say just how impressed we were with not just the property, views and location, but with your attention to detail and care with which you run it. It is so refreshing to find such a clean, beautifully designed and well equipped home to adopt for a week and a wonderful bonus to meet two such lovely guys at the same time. We honestly couldn't recommend Le Mas et Le Mazet with any greater candor.
Summer 2017, Sue, UK
We stayed here in mid August 2017 and were overwhelmed by the simple elegance of the houses set in a naturally breath taking setting. The rooms are quite stunning with modern fixtures cleverly complimenting the old buildings and their features and ensuring every comfort has been catered for. The hosts are charming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We particularly liked the daily bread delivery. Lovely wild flower meadows surround the houses and the sunsets were beautiful. We\'ll definitely return.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Sainte Croix, Dordogne, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Sainte Croix, Dordogne, France