BOUTIQUE BEACHSIDE HIDEAWAY
The perfect hideaway for grown-ups, St Valery, is your dream boutique B&B. With just four immaculate rooms, it effortlessly pulls off stylish hospitality, with a welcoming, homely atmosphere. There are lots of little extras here, too many to choose a favorite, but chances are you’ll find it hard to leave. Oh, and it’s also genuinely dog-friendly too.
The lovely village of Alnmouth is less than an hour north of Newcastle and is a burgeoning foodie place with some superb local pubs and restaurants. The real star though is just two minutes from your door: the vast, windswept, glorious sandy beach, one of many along this dramatic Northumberland coastline. In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with wildlife in abundance, the area is a playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Cycle the Alnmouth way along the CASTLES CYCLE ROUTE, go hiking in the National Park, surf, coasteer or kayak. Two splendid golf courses are also right on your door step.
Feeling more leisurely? Then explore some lovely quiet villages, stop in at their cosy pubs, or take a 40-minute drive to the spectacular Holy Island of Lindisfarne, and the medieval market town of Alnwick with its iconic castle.
- quality sleep’s a big thing at St Valery. The rooms have been designed to maximise it with seriously comfy beds, Egyptian cotton linen and silk filled pillows and duvets
- breakfasts… where to start? First off, being leisurely affairs the timing is flexible. Second, the freshly prepared dishes are exceptional; fruits, granola, quesadilla, smashed avocado on toast, a full English – they’re worth the trip alone
- the indulgent bathroom goodies; A mix of Neom Organics 100% natural fragrances and Elemis are therapeutic, aid sleep and relieve stress. Two rooms also have fabulous free-standing bathtubs
- Harvey is more than happy to prepare you a lunch hamper – perfect for a day exploring the miles of beautiful coast, before heading back for late afternoon cake on the garden deck
- unwinding by the roaring log fire with a cheeky pre-dinner drink from the extremely well-stocked honesty bar
- each of the four en suite rooms has tea and locally ground fresh coffee making facilities and fresh milk is delivered to your door daily. There’s Wi-fi throughout the house
- slip on a luxury bathrobe and slippers and lounge after relaxing in the tub
- lovely communal spaces including terrace and sitting room
- bring your own bike or Harvey can organise hire for you, in the same efficient and attentive way he’s also happy to arrange spa days, outdoor activities, or book a great table at a wonderful local restaurant
- secure bike storage is available, no matter whether you have 14 gears or 1
- dogs are welcome to stay in two of the rooms; they’ll be well looked after by Roxy.
Harvey is a tremendously helpful, thoughtful and informed host, loyally helped by his dog Roxy.
ReviewsLeave your own
Peter F: December 2017
A beautifully resored & renovated property in a great part of the UK. Host & owner Harvey is both welcoming and engaging. Rooms are well appointed with comfy beds & tasteful décor and the stand-out of the stay, the breakfasts. St Valery is located in the charming seaside village of Alnmouth which, even in the middle of winter, has a variety of eateries. The NE coastline is stunning, dotted with castles, coves & great walks. A perfect break that whetted the appetite to return.
Chris O: January 2018
Ticks all the boxes: character, location, good pubs and restaurants on the door-step, brilliant host, dog friendly, imaginative well-cooked breakfasts, beaches and great walks. It's a beautifully decorated, just two minutes from the beach, run with verve and flair by Harvey, ably assisted by his canine Maitre D, Roxy (or maybe it's the other way around?!). We had a fantastic three-day mid-week January break and our only regret was that we didn't have more time there. If you have a dog, this is one of those places where dogs aren't just tolerated, they are treasured (which we also found to be the case in many of the places we visited) and it seems that there are plenty of year-round dog friendly beaches (including the one at the end of the road). The only issue? Since our return home, our dog has taken to spending long periods waiting by the back door with a bucket and spade...
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Alnmouth, Northumberland, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Alnmouth, Northumberland, England