Magical seaside retreat
A stylish off grid retreat on an unspoiled and stunning part of the Norfolk coast. Soak up the sea air, the views and the absolute escapism of this dog friendly coastal cottage for six.
Up on the cliffs, 10 minutes walk from the beach, 4 Coastguard Cottages is all about its off grid location, with stunning views in all directions. The cottage is directly on the Norfolk Coast Path and is an easy walk to the village of Weybourne with its store and pub. Larger towns of Holt and Sheringham with great eateries are close by too, but the joy of this cottage is the ability to stay off grid during your stay, so walking or taking the train should be high on your agenda.
The train can take you to Sheringham from where you can jump on a bus, or if you are driving then the area is well connected and there is parking for two cars at the end of the dirt track that takes you to the cottage.
- There is something so incredibly magical about a stay here. The views. The sound of the sea as you drift off to sleep after a day’s walking, exploring or simply being.
- Amanda and Joe are dedicated to making 4 Coastguard Cottages an accessible and comfortable off grid escape. Switch off and relax. What a joy.
- Opening the front door and being on part of the Norfolk Coast path means you have absolutely no excuse for not getting out there making the most of this location
- When you fancy heading a little further you have pubs within walking distance as well more upmarket eateries close by.
- The cottage is so stylish and comfortable that quite frankly you might not want to go anywhere .. but you really should
- Sleeps six across three bedrooms: One double, one twin/double and ground floor bunk room
- The house is off grid, with power for essentials like a fridge and lighting provided by solar and wind. But being off grid means there’s no Wifi (but there is 4G), TV, washing machine and dishwasher. Embrace what it is; simple and beautiful
- Lovely sitting room with wood burner, comfy sofas and piano
- Kitchen with another wood burner, table with plenty of space of six and essentials for cooking during your stay
- Upstairs bathroom with bath and shower attachment
- Front garden perfect for your four legged guests and an additional communal space at the back of the cottage
- Parking for two cars
- Dog friendly but only in the front garden and the house
Amanda and Joe have owned 4 Coastguard Cottages for over 10 years and it is a much loved escape for them and their family. Following an extensive renovation they’ve created an off grid haven which they now love sharing with guests.
This is all about a return to a simpler life and that brings with it some differences to “normal” life with rechargeable lights and no Wifi. But goodness, it’s worth it.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
4 Coastguard Cottages
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
4 Coastguard Cottages