UNIQUE AND CHIC
Traditional craftsmanship and features meet 21st-century contemporary styling and luxury. Converted grain stores, lambing sheds and milking parlours make up these six high-spec architect designed properties. A mixture of styles and sizes for every kind of escape: whether you are looking for an intimate bolthole or a magnificent party venue for friends and family.
“With its private garden overlooking fields and a little flint church, the barn is a deeply relaxing place to be.” Homes & Gardens
Barsham Barns is the perfect location for your celebration, with the flexibility to plan your event the way your want it, nothing is formulaic here! The team at the barns can organise everything for you from photographers, to caterers or pass everything across to a trusted event planner. Whilst you can’t actually get married here there are some lovely venues nearby and you can have up to 80 (or 50 ifyou want everyone to stay) to make your celebration incredible! Find out more here.
All the properties are located within the idyllic countryside of North Norfolk at North Barsham, near Walsingham and Wells next the Sea. There is glorious countryside all around and you are close to magnificent beaches and wonderful national nature reserves.
Perfect base for exploring undiscovered Norfolk and if you needed a retail therapy fix the town of Fakenham, Walsingham, Holt or Burnham Market are not too far away. Best done by car if you can.
- the retention of architectural features such as exposed beams, double height ceilings, slate floors and flint walls, which are married so successfully with contemporary design and comfort
- each property has its own individual style and character. There is nothing formulaic here
- every property has a wonderful light and airy feel, and through careful design some of the living rooms are on the first floor and command wonderful views over beautiful open countryside
- the sheer range of things to do in the area including country houses such as Holkham Hall, Houghton Hall, Oxburgh Hall and Royal Sandringham. Fantastic wildlife, watersports, birdwatching and great local food producers
- the wonderful range of coastal scenery from sandy beaches fringed with pine trees, to fossil-rich cliffs and the salt marshes of Morston and Blakeney
- there are six properties at North Barsham, ranging from The Great East Barn which sleeps 14 to Long Meadow sleeping 8 and Little Barsham which sleeps 4
- fully equipped modern kitchens with the space, cleanliness and all the features you would hope for
- TV, Freeview, DVD players, radios and CD players
- crisp, cotton bed linen which complement each individually designed bedroom
- most of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms or shower rooms with ample supplies of luxurious cotton towels
- an added bonus is a spacious spa pool for 10 with steam room where you can luxuriate after a days exploration and a games room for those days when you just don’t want to venture far
- the option of hiring an excellent local chef who is passionate about using locally sourced ingredients and will provide anything from canapes to a three course dinner
When achitect, Anthony Hudson and his interior designer wife, Jenny Dale bought the disused barns they had been empty for about 10 years. They then spent two years converting them into this stunning holiday accommodation. Their vision and ingenuity have created amazing high spec contemporary spaces.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.