Luxe Highland cottage
Nestled away in a stunning estate in the Scottish Highlands The Coach House at Inverdruie is a traditional cottage with some nice twists, a perfect base to explore this beautiful area.
On the Rothiemurchus Estate near the historic and beautiful Aviemore (a 15 minute walk away), the Coach House has natural wonders at its doorstep. The estate itself is inside the Cairngorms National Park, which means staying here will put you right in the thick of it. There are great hiking routes, loads of outdoor activities and amazing landscapes to explore, including the picturesque Loch An Eilein (under an hour on foot or a 10 minute drive).
If arriving by air, Inverness Airport is a 50 minute drive away. For train travellers, Aviemore station is in the town centre and a 3 minute taxi drive away.
- The wood panelled Scandinavian BBQ is a stand out feature you won’t forget! Fully enclosed and complete with fur throws, it’s the perfect setting for memorable gatherings on those crisp Scottish nights
- Its proximity to bustling Aviemore – full of lovely restaurants, pubs and shops – but at the same time being inside a national park makes this property unbeatable
- The mountain and forest views from the outdoor dining area are fantastic as are those from the balcony of the master bedroom
- We love the way traditional design elements such as tartan carpets and accessories are blended with modern touches inside
- You can’t beat a good wood burner and the one in the main living area is great. The heated floors are a thoughtful touch, and make the cottage even more cozy and inviting
- The cottage has access to a dog exercise paddock on site which is a nice way to let Fido run free
- One double (with low ceilings), a twin and a sofa bed sleeps six
- There are three bathrooms, one of which is fully accessible which with the sofa bed on the ground floor (accessed by one step in) makes for easier access stays
- A fully equipped kitchen provides everything you’ll need to create all those meals with that famously fresh local produce, plus a handy utility room
- Underfloor heating on the main level makes for a warm welcome after a day of exploring, plus the great wood burner
- An outdoor dining terrace is a fantastic place to take in some truly remarkable scenery
- A large, showstopping Scandinavian BBQ hut, somewhere you’ll probably end up spending a lot of time
- There is a boot and cloak room to store all your outerwear – handy for The Highlands
Kat and Iain bought Corrour House Hotel in 2014, converting it into a family home across the following 12 months. On the grounds was an old stable, still with cobbles on the floor, and a decision was taken to convert it into a letting cottage.
Kat and Iain own and run a publishing company, based in Edinburgh, but Aviemore is very much home. They have three grown up children, an increasing number of dogs and chickens, and are often around to greet guests and provide helpful information on the area.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Coach House at Inverdruie
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Coach House at Inverdruie