Stylish retreat close to Carcassonne
Cocooned within stunning gardens, within which lies a walled courtyard with private pool, the spacious interiors of this lovingly restored retreat close to Carcassonne is an ideal haven for groups of family or friends. Escape and immerse yourself in a region that offers year round fabulousness; beaches, castles, incredible food and wine. Simple escapism.
Loft du Vigneron is in the heart of lovely Rieux-Minervois, with its restaurants and shops all within a short walk. The village is surrounded by a wall-to-wall quilting of vines, the different varieties of which have different shadings in autumn, just like trees!
Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is only 30 minutes away and is a city full of history, beautiful architecture and superb French gastronomy and wine.
Cathar castles, including Les Châteaux de Lastours and other beautiful medieval villages, such as Minerve and Lagrasse, are all within easy reach of Rieux-Minervois.
The Mediterranean coast is an easy day trip if you can tear yourself away from the pool but equally so are the Pyrénées or visit Spain for a change of scene. Barcelona is less than three hours away by train from Carcassonne.
Fly to Carcassonne which is approximately 30 minutes away, or Béziers or Perpignan which are both just over an hour away.
- The time and effort taken to restore this beautiful French holiday home is evident everywhere
- To compliment this quality the furnishings and fittings are superb, with things like linens by Linvosges and complimentary toiletries, towels and robes by The White Company
- Nights on the terrace by flickering candlelight, days by the pool simply enjoying the escapism are the stuff of holiday dreams
- The joy of having restaurants, bars, cafes and shops close by so you don’t have to stray far when you don’t want to
- But when you feel like heading further afield then this is an area full of history, natural beauty and incredible vineyards
- Three bedrooms, two King size and one twin. Both King size rooms have French doors leading out on to the terrace
- All ensuite, featuring oversized bath tubs as well as separate showers
- Large living room with French doors to lovely first floor terrace overlooking Mediterranean gardens
- Terrace with superb dining and seating along with BBQ area
- Further courtyard with private 11m pool; a selection of sun loungers, recliners and a drinks table are available for relaxing
- Kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave, oven and hob and dishwasher. Separate laundry with washing machine.
- TV with UK free-view channels and DVD. Wi-Fi internet
- Baby equipment available on request
For many years, Russell and Karen had planned on retiring to either Italy or France, but an opportunity to move earlier coincided with a travelogue by celebrity chef Rick Stein. His French Odyssey was an eight-week adventure as Rick drifted across France between the Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts on a luxury hotel barge stopping off at sleepy canal-side villages, shopping at local markets and cooking regional French favourites back on board. Russell and Karen were well and truly seduced and any thoughts of Italy disappeared!
And so their own French Odyssey began as they explored France in search of a region immersed in history, changing landscapes at every turn and summers that seem to last forever. With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, Languedoc – which stretches from the Spanish border in the west to the mighty River Rhône in the east – is the biggest wine region in France, whose wines today enjoy global acclaim. Russell and Karen found their own piece of paradise in Le Domaine aux Quat’Saisons a former wine domaine which has been a labour of love to restore and a place they enjoy sharing with their guests.
You will find your hosts caring and attentive, but never intrusive. They can often be found enjoying a glass of something chilled and you’ll be very welcome to join them if you would like to. Their two small dogs, Mack and Mabel, are just as friendly and have their own fan club amongst regular guests! Check out more than 130 reviews
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Loft du Vigneron
Occitanie, Southern France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Loft du Vigneron
Occitanie, Southern France