Save 35% off daily rates at La Corte, 25% off at Agrumeto and 10% at Angelo Custode. Offer valid for a stay any time before Xmas according to availability, minimum stay applies.
ELEGANT, MINIMALIST BEAUTY
These five properties in the heart of Nardò’s Baroque old town are the definition of refined elegance, with the choice of three stunning apartments (sleeping from two to four) or one of two houses (sleeping up to seven) with their own beautiful courtyard gardens. Watch the sun set from the terraces, wander the streets of stunning Nardò or explore the wider area (increasingly popular with affluent, liberal Italians – thanks in part to the region’s gay, leftwing, former president).
Situated smack bang in the middle of Nardò, these stylish gems are part of a lovingly restored 17th century Patrician palazzo (with a rarity in the old town of a citrus garden) all a minute’s walk from the spectacular Piazza Salandra, the Baroque central square. Despite its beauty and history the town of Nardò is not a tourist town – it’s a place where Italian people work and live which makes the whole experience far more authentic – perfect for sipping coffee and people watching from behind your sunglasses.
Just five miles from the Ionian Sea, there are sandy beaches and rocky coastline minutes away, where you’ll find great bars and restaurants. It’s also a short journey from other fascinating and beautiful historic towns, including Lecce, Galatina, Gallipoli and Otranto. Lecce is home to the stunning Basilica di Santa Croce – one of the great basilicas in the world, with the tombs of Michelangelo and more inside. And the vast Piazza del Duomo, bounded by the cathedral, the Bishops palace and a seminary is breath-taking.
A bit further along the coast you’ll find the town of Santa Maria al Bagno, where there are beaches to suit all needs: Speedos, big pants or family, so something for everyone!
To get to Nardò, the easiest airports are Brindisi or Bari (for which there are direct UK flights) then it’s a 50 mile drive from Brindisi or a 130 mile drive from Bari airport.
- chic white decor and elegant furnishings, antique and modern, focus the eye on the graceful original architecture
- the properties are each unique but all make the most of the architecture and light, and offer flexible group sizes through the option of joining some properties together for larger groups (up to 13)
- particlar favorite things are the terraces of Angelo Custode (which are spread across four floors), the Mediterranean garden of Agrumeto (with its small pool) and the citrus garden of La Corte are simply stunning, with beautiful planting, furniture and outdoor kitchens to make the most of the location and weather
- because this area is not – yet – on the tourist map, you can enjoy everything without the jostling hordes that descend on Florence and Rome
- Angelo Custode sleeps up to four; two bedrooms (the master has an original vaulted ceiling) and two bathrooms and four spacious south-facing terraces with views across the old town. The dining room and living room have original vaulted ceilings and there’s a designer wood-burning stove. The main kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need including SMEG gas hob and Bialetti espresso machine and there’s a second one outside.
- The Tempietto studio is an open-plan space, which includes delightful furniture, a double bed loft, bathroom and well-stocked kitchenette. The studio’s bathroom includes a shower, sink and toilet/bidet.
- Its hard to describe how beautiful the gardens of Agrumeto are and the house is designed to make the most of them. Living areas are connected by extrenal stone staircases and there are two kitchens – one outdoor for al fresco eating. There are two bedrooms (each en-suite and each with queen-sized beds) and three bathrooms. The lovingly furnished living spaces include original features and working fireplaces and there is wifi throughout. The bedrooms and living room have AC – but we loved having the windows open to take in the scents rising from those gardens.
- The largest property, La Corte, is entered through a huge wooden door and is built around its internal courtyard – private and secure. Four ensuite bedrooms (one single), living and dining rooms, indoor and outdoor kitchens, that central courtyard and stunning additional terraces.
- A second studio space is La Botte, with its vaulted ceiling, kitchenette and private terrace.
- All properties have wifi, Bluetooth music centres and air con.
Vincent works in advertising for non-profit organisations. He fell in love with Salento in 2010 while visiting close friends who helped him discover this little known corner of southern Puglia. Salento felt like the perfect place to realise his dream of combining his passions for architecture and heritage and developing his interior design and decoration talents; the result? These truly beautiful places to stay. He loves introducing others to the joys of Nardò and is very happy to share his insider knowledge of this unspoilt part of Italy.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nardosalento Boutique Apartments
Nardò, Puglia, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nardosalento Boutique Apartments
Nardò, Puglia, Italy