COME AS YOU ARE
Located in Gothenburg, on Sweden’s west coast, this independent hotel effortlessly combines design and fashion with a sense of “at home” comfort. The perfect hideaway for exploring all that the city and beautiful coastal area have to offer or else a great place to stop for a rest during a larger, Scandinavian wide vacation. Truly inclusive, Hotel Flora really delivers on their motto: “Be what you are and make yourself at home!”
Hotel Flora is located in the historic center of Gothenburg, just inside the old defensive moat that once surrounded the fledgling town. In fact, the hotel’s neighborhood is called “Inom Vallgraven” which means “Inside the Moat”… very practical, those Swedes! The area is filled with fashionable boutiques, indoor food halls, restaurants and lots of local history. The moat these days serves as a canal, which is used by the popular sightseeing boats: Paddan.
Gothenburg isn’t a huge city, and most of the important sites are within easy walking distance from the hotel. Just on the other side of the moat from Flora you will find the start of one of Sweden’s most famous streets: Avenyn. The wide avenue is lined with restaurants, bars and nightclubs and no visit to Gothenburg is complete without a stroll down Avenyn. Also within walking distance are the concert & sport venue of Ullevi, the popular amusement park Liseberg and the old, wooden neighborhood of Haga.
Don’t feel like walking? Jump on one of Gothenburg’s famous street cars (tram/trolley car) which easily connect you to all parts of the city. And speaking of easy connections… the central train station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and from there you are connected by high speed trains to Stockholm, Malmö/Copenhagen and Oslo. All just a few hours away!
- The interior design of the hotel which featured some interesting showpieces. How can you help not to giggle when pieces have names like “Skinny Bitch” (chair), “Drama Queen” (bed) and “Wall Hooker” (coat hanger)?
- In their inner courtyard they have The Terrace… a great outdoor lounge, open for both hotel guests and the general public. A nice way to take advantage of the warm, summer evenings. During the cooler months patrons can move indoor to The Library to socialise
- Classic C.O. Bigelow toiletries in all of the bathrooms
- 10 Twin rooms that contain two queen beds. Perfect for when traveling with a friend! You can still share a room, enjoy your own space as well as sleep in comfort
- The central location means that you are close to just about everything Gothenburg has to offer
- 71 rooms in two categories with single, twin and double options
- Breakfast room, bar and lounge
- The onsite restaurant – Södra Larm Bar & Bistro – is lovely
- The public areas are open to general public as well as hotel guests. The Terrace located in the inner courtyard during the summers and the adjacent Library during cooler months
- Conference and meeting options at the hotel, either in The Library or The Showroom
Once again, we have found a hotel that is made extra special because of its owners. Carina Högberg has owned and run Hotel Flora for 30 years. Her personal sense of hospitality, background in fashion and interest in design is mirrored in the hotel itself and gives it a real personal feel. She is definitely a hands-on owner and loves to welcome guests – whether discovering Hotel Flora for the first time or returning as old friends!
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.