CLASSIC REGENCY SEASIDE ELEGANCE
Award winning from the outset, this charming boutique B&B in Lyme Regis is housed within a lovingly renovated Georgian villa. Stylish and comfortable it’s a great base for exploring or restoring.
Visit South West Silver Award for best B&B 2018
A few weeks of the year Dorset House can be rented on a self catering basis which is the ideal opportunity to take the whole place over and host a get together. Catering can also be provided if you don’t fancy cooking every night. A stylish and intimate space for celebrating with your loved ones. Check out a bit more detail on the Dorset House website.
In the heart of Lyme Regis, Dorset House is only a few minutes amble to the beach and even nearer the high street with its collection of super eateries and stores. The Jurassic coastline here is truly stunning, with great beaches and coastal walks. On the Devon – Dorset border there are beautiful and varied trips out from Lyme Regis taking in town, country and coast. You’re also just off the A35 making those trips out dead easy and you’re only a 10 minute taxi ride from Axminster rail station.
- The gracious proportions and stylish, restful décor make this house a truly relaxing space
- Breakfast en famile offers the chance to chat with your fellow guests, but there’s the space to retreat when you’re feeling less social
- Jason is quite the gin connoisseur so check out the interestingly stocked honesty bar
- The views are varied – some sea, some town, but we especially loved the rolling hills you can see from massive windows in the Sea View room
- The Bramley toiletries are a treat
- Dorset House run wellness courses during the year – check out their website for dates and more details
- Five beautifully appointed en-suite rooms, some with sea views and seating areas
- Bedding and towels are of super quality and all rooms have tea and coffee facilities plus a TV and DVD player
- Regency proportioned sitting and dining rooms opening onto a covered veranda
- Licensed Honesty bar stocked with decent local tipples
- Breakfasts that focus on locally sourced and where possible organic ingredients
- The house can be rented in its entirety at certain points in the year
Jason and Lyn opened Dorset House’s grand front door in 2014 after careers in tennis coaching and marketing respectively, and have steered it toward success with a steady and welcoming hand. They offer warm, respectful hospitality – on hand to offer advice but very aware that you’re on your holidays too. These guys are huge fans of the community they are now very much part of – check out their website for literary events hosted at Dorset House – and are great tour guides to get the best out of your time here.
ReviewsLeave your own
Kathy: March 2017
The B&B was amazing! From the decor to the honesty bar, to the comfortable room and amazing shower, I was hooked from the get go! The family was so helpful and friendly and I loved the breakfast with the other guests. This is definitely on my list of places to return to! Thank you for such a pleasant experience.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Lyme Regis, Dorset, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Lyme Regis, Dorset, England