Romantic Santorini hideaway for two
This uniquely and stylishly designed property offers all the charm of a traditional cave house with all modern luxuries. It has been stylishly and lovingly restored offering delightful accommodation that calls you in to relax from the minute you enter the door. It has a private courtyard and jacuzzi plunge pool where you can enjoy being outside in complete privacy, and the interior offers all you need to escape from the stresses of day-to-day life.
Set up high on the island of Santorini with sweeping panoramic views this beautiful house in the traditional village of Pyrgos has been carefully and lovingly restored reflecting a time gone by.
By any standards this island is one of the most beautiful of the Greek islands, and is just a stone’s throw from Paros and Mykonos. Known as one of the most beautiful places to see the sun set, you won’t be disappointed from any vantage point on your private terrace watching the end of the day disappear behind the horizon of the Aegean. Mix this with traditional Greek cuisine and local wine just a short walk from the cave house, and maybe a chat with the locals, you really are away from it all here.
There are regular flights from major UK and European airports direct to Santorini (JTR) in the high season months, and regular flights from Athens all year round, Private transfers can be arranged from the port or airport. You can take a ferry from Athens and there are plenty of other islands a short distance you can hop over to.
- The privacy and romantic surroundings – perfect for a honeymoon or just some special time together or alone
- Santorini is an ideal island to add to an island-hopping holiday, but equally has enough going on to keep you occupied for longer stays
- Pyrgos is far from the mad crowds of some other towns and remains very traditional
- The light grey fabrics, wood and typical Cycladic whitewashed walls give a sleek and refined feel to the cave
- We just love the bathroom with a couple’s shower and double sinks
- Large terrace with stunning views
- Open plan space flowing from terrace to living, to bedroom and bathroom
- Jacuzzi plunge pool, wifi, TV
- There is small kitchen that has everything you need to make breakfast after a restful night’s sleep in the luxuriant bed
Andrew, originally from the UK is owner and manager of Demeter Cave House. He fell in love with the abandoned heritage property and restored it into a deliciously designed one-of-a-kind retreat for two. He has immersed himself in the community and culture of this beautiful Santorini village and this makes for an amazingly knowledgeable and friendly host!
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Demeter Cave House
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Demeter Cave House