Design-led country house hotel
Barnett Hill is a contemporary country house hotel in the Surrey Hills just 15 minutes from Guildford. This design-led hotel is gay, dog and family friendly and has 56 boutique rooms, suites and residences spread across the main Mansion House, Courtyard, Mews and Gardener’s Cottage. Barnett Hill was originally the private home of the famed Thomas Cook family.
Find out more about the wonderful wedding and celebration packages at Barnett Hill boutique hotel.
Just over an hour by car from London, Barnett Hill is in the heart of Surrey Hills, surrounded by 26 acres of gardens and woodland. The Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is right on the hotel’s doorstep. The Silent Pool Distillers’ Gin Experience is perfect for Gin lovers and Gin newbies alike and is just around the corner from Barnett Hill.
It’s easy to hop on a train from Waterloo London to Guildford with a journey time of 40 minutes. The nearest railway station is Guildford Station and there are regular trains from Reading, Gatwick Airport and Portsmouth.
- There are plenty of woodland walks in the forest around Barnett Hill and there’s plenty to explore in the gardens too. Hop on a bike and explore the Surrey Hills
- The 1905 bar, which has access to the terrace is a laidback space, perfect for a coffee, tea or cocktail
- Afternoon Tea, three types no less, is served throughout the year
- The lavish new Silent Pool Gin experience in The Library. Get ready for a seriously cosy afternoon sipping Silent Pool Gin cocktails and enjoying freshly baked patisserie and sandwiches
- The restaurant offers a kids’ menu that actually appeals to kids!
- Tour the Silent Gill distillery, learn the history of Gin and take the taste test!
- A family fun day out to Guildford castle which offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the beautiful surrounding countryside
- The 56 contemporary rooms, suites and residences are spread across the main Mansion House, Courtyard, Mews and Gardener’s Cottage, there’s a room for everyone including dog-friendly and wheelchair friendly Courtyard Rooms
- The large suites with modern en-suite bathrooms in the Mansion House have views across the gardens
- Dogs up to 10kg are accepted and charged at £30 per night
- The cosy Oak Room dining room looks onto the garden. Gluten-free and vegan dishes are available. Cosy up to the roaring open fire in the winter and a glorious terrace in the summer. Innovate and creative cuisine is served in a convivial atmosphere
- Feeling frazzled? Enjoy a Utopia Spa massage or facial with Temple Spa products in one of the two Treatment Rooms
- Enjoy a boat trip along the River Wey. Boats glide through the countryside and offer a riverside view of Guildford
- Wifi, room service, gardens, bar, restaurant, library, family rooms, dog-friendly, outdoor chess, terrace, car park, wheelchair access
The Alexander Hotel collection includes Grade II listed buildings with grand entrance halls and luxury accommodation near London in Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.