SKI AND SNOW STYLE
‘Chic chalets with top-notch food’ The Guardian
Eight authentic and contemporary gay owned ski lodges sleeping 4 to 18 with great service and direct access to world famous ski areas and guaranteed snow. A perfect luxury house party venue for friends who love to ski, snowboard or just relax and enjoy great food.
In the beautiful hamlets of Le Fornet and Le Crêt in Val d’Isère, the Hip Hideout Chalets have been carefully selected for their peaceful and traditional setting and great access to over 300km of pistes.
Val d’Isère rightly deserves its reputation as one for the finest ski areas in the world; with over 300km of marked runs it caters to all levels and guarantees snow year round. At an altitude of 1,850m and with an impressive snow record averaging over 800cm each winter you can rest assured that while other resorts might be struggling with heavy slushy conditions Val d’Isère maintains some of the best powder in the Alps. Val d’Isère and the Espace Killy are blessed with some of the most beautiful skiing in the world.
Val d’Isère is situated high in the Tarentaise valley close to the Italian border. As the village is a very popular winter destination there are several ways in which to arrive in resort. Whether you choose to arrive by air or rail transfers can be arranged with your own private vehicle to resort so you don’t have to wait for other planes or be affected by delays. Should you wish to travel by car, there’s a complimentary covered parking available for you so you don’t have to spend time clearing snow from your car.
- Exceptional service is what makes hip hideouts different; a service that panders more towards your requests rather than their assumptions, they are highly personal, extremely flexible and well-informed. Whether it’s a complimentary ski companion you need or help with ski passes and equipment through to a thoughtful restaurant recommendation, Richard and Graham, are there to help you
- Spacious open plan living and dining areas together with the large outdoor wooden deck lend themselves to celebrating and relaxing with friends. After a day on the mountain you can head off to the lively après ski of the town, or simply ski back to the door of the ski lodge and relax in front of a roaring log fire. Beautiful craftsmanship – lots of bespoke wooden furniture
- The food. Their chefs have worked for some of the most well-known chefs in the world – there is nothing ordinary about their exciting food! They have also selected a cellar of excellent complimentary dining wines that come tried and tested either by them or trusted friends and colleagues with a keen palate
- Holidays run from Sunday to Sunday which allow you to ski on Saturday when the pistes are quieter. It also means cheaper flights, less traffic and shorter transfer times
- There is skiing to suit all levels from ski virgins to black run daring Dan and Daniella’s. Le Fornet also has some easy long, open and often empty pistes.
- Eight ski lodges with the flexibility to comfortably sleep any group from four to 18 depending on how much space you need
- If you choose to go catered there’s amazing food and wine catered to your specific tastes and requirements
- Fully equipped kitchen for your own use
- Fully serviced ski support including ski lift passes, equipment hire and tuition
- The area offers 1500m of vertical descent along blue runs all the way from the top of the glacier to the bottom of the resort at 1930m where you can ski back to your door
- A 4X4 Landrover Discovery complete with driver service is included for the duration of your stay. Plus complimentary covered car parking – so no need to dig out the car
Graham has had a passion for the mountains as long as he can remember. Having lived on the continent for much of his life, he has returned to the French Alps to satisfy his craving for fresh snow, excellent food and fine wine. He has a background in successful start-up companies and board-level positions in the private and public sector.
Richard spent seven years working for a major UK tour operator in France where he was head of chalet and ski operations. He then returned to London for eight years where his last role was as a partner with a successful international headhunting firm.
They established hip hideouts as a small exclusive chain of chalets for people who love to ski, snowboard and return home to a luxurious and comfortable space with great food.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Val d'Isère, French Alps, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Val d'Isère, French Alps, France