HUGE SAVING – a week from August 25th for 12 reduced from £4,250 to £2,500 – £208 per person, for a week! Amazing. Limited weeks available in June and from October.
CHIC COGNAC ESTATE
Deep in the sublime Charente region and an easy hour’s drive from Bordeaux, the gorgeous Maison de la Vaure is a collection of three luxuriously renovated properties. This magical old cognac estate, complete with heated pool and splendid events, games and fitness barns, is a private retreat. Either rent the entire estate, ideal for large groups, intimate weddings or family celebrations, or each property individually for smaller gatherings.
Maison de la Vaure is the perfect place for a bringing together of the clans, whatever the occasion. You can sleep up to 24 across the three houses and the grounds make the most amazing setting for any party. The guys can also recommend a very good local wedding planner who can help you organise every last detail is you’re looking to get married here. A the toast in Cognac maybe?
Stay close to this haven and minutes away you’ll discover Brossac’s lovely swimming lake. A few minutes on is Chalais with many bars and restaurants, as well as Aubeterre the prettiest village in the area with wonderful galleries and bistros.
You couldn’t be better placed for exploring this stunning region. Bordeaux, ranked number one in LONELY PLANET’S BEST IN TRAVEL 2017 TOP CITIES , is an hour away. Home to the stunning La Cite du Vin, there are also numerous festivals. Stop off at Saint-Emilion too; a fascinating medieval village with World Heritage vineyards.
The Charente River has 147 kms of waterways, whilst Angoulême, the department’s capital, has impressive ramparts with panoramic views of the Charente Valley. Cognac is just 45 minutes away with a vibrant Saturday morning market and impressive castle. From April to November at the Cognac vineyards of Charente (45 minutes) and Charente-Maritime (an hour) you can enjoy tastings. A bit further and you’ll find stunning beaches; Lacanau is famous for its surf while the Arcachon’s bay claims the highest dune in Europe.
- children (and adults!) will revel in the freedom the grounds afford with endless space to explore, safe within the estate boundaries
- drag yourself away from contemplating the beautiful gardens or from supping a local wine by the pool and you’ll find picturesque villages and châteaux, world famous vineyards and vibrant medieval towns Buy some delicious market produce, enjoy a delicious meal out then head home to cook up again.
- summer here is sublime but with fire places in the principle reception rooms and plenty of cozy snugs it’s also a perfect place to hunker down in winter
- the estate’s history is celebrated in the renovations; from the grandeur of the carefully restored wooden spiral staircase to the plush velvet armchairs, original gleaming wood flooring and beautifully papered rooms
- the Cognac Room is a sanctuary; whether you want to unwind with a glass of its namesake or sink into a sofa to watch a movie on the 60-inch plasma TV
- rejuvenate in the fully equipped Yoga Barn with its heated wooden floors and chandelier lighting. Ian and Phil can recommend teachers for small groups or host organised yoga retreats
- La Maison boasts six exquisite bedrooms and five luxurious bathrooms
- across the gardens you’ll find La Longère with four bedrooms and two bathrooms, and La Petite Maison, which is just that – a divine little retreat with two bedrooms and two bathrooms
- the pool, front garden and barns come with the main house, however each property has its own separate delightful garden and parking
- numerous features make this a perfectly flexible space for weddings. The beautiful walled courtyard or the large front lawn, with views over the rolling countryside, are ideal for ceremonies or drinks, whilst the large events barn spills out onto the pool area. To cap it all Ian and Phil can recommend an excellent, well established, local wedding planner
- all properties have WiFi as well as fully equipped kitchens and Nespresso coffee machines. Outside there’s plenty to entertain; table tennis, boules, croquet, pool inflatables and super soakers. There’s even an original bread oven
- Ian and Phil can also organise transfers from local airports and train stations
Originally from London, old friends Ian and Phil took ownership in January 2017. Keen that their renovations were true to the spirit of the estate, they’re passionate about creating an exquisite home for guests to feel at home in.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Maison de la Vaure
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Maison de la Vaure