SERENE SANTORINI GEM
Escape to the serene, cool, Carpe Diem Exclusive Boutique Resort and you’ll discover a luxurious, small oasis perched high up on the sublime island of Santorini. This is stunning Santorini at its finest; 10 spacious, exclusive, couples-only suites, each with a private terrace and plunge pool and mesmerising, panoramic views of the island.
Carpe Diem Suites can manage every detail of your intimate wedding at this amazing venue. Book the whole property with up to 20 people staying here in calm and elegant luxury (there’s extra accommodation nearby if you need it) and let Sotiris and his brilliant team look after the details. Bespoke and personal are the watchwords when thinking about your wedding or celebration here and Sotiris says “we work very closely with our guests to design a truly unforgettable experience. Our weddings are boutique and bespoke”. Read more here.
If Santorini with its many delights draws you, but you’re also after secluded calm then the location is hard to beat. Nestled on a hillside outcrop, its just a few minutes’ walk uphill to the delightful, medieval town of Pyrgos, an untouristy place with a relaxed vibe and plenty of gorgeous tavernas, cafes and bars to while away your evenings in.
Want to stay close to Carpe Diem and its indulgent charms but in need of at least a little exercise? Then take the short walk to – happy days – a charming winery and buy a bottle or two for supping on your terrace.
Santorini is known for its ancient cultural heritage, and with no site is more than a half hours’ drive away, it makes sense to hire a car (or a quad bike for the more adventurous). Visit the prehistoric Akrotiri, the hustle and bustle of Fira or the dramatic Caldera edge setting of gorgeous Oia.
- we love, love, love the private plunge pools that each stunning suite enjoys; cool off in the day or take a dip at night and gaze at the stars
- Althea, the boutique spa is an intimate sanctuary, designed only for two, and a wonderful place for couples to indulge in secluded relaxation
- should you feel disinclined to move too far you can enjoy awesome sunrises over breakfast, and world-class sunsets with a sundowner – all without leaving the sun lounger on your own terrace
- pre-order your breakfast from the extensive menu and it will appear as if by magic on your private terrace in the morning. A wonderful, fresh, truly Greek feast that’s an unbeatable start to the day. It is served with two complimentary glasses of local Assyrtico wine; a true summer wine of Santorini
- there’s a feeling of sophisticated exclusivity here, complimented by the superb staff team, who you’ll find warmly welcoming and attentive yet unobtrusive. Whether you go for a couple’s retreat, a bespoke wedding or a honeymoon, this is a blissful experience
- you really can’t visit Santorini without experiencing the azure waters. Carpe Diem can help organise everything from sunset catamaran trips, to scuba diving and surfing. Or simply discover one of the numerous quiet beaches for a day of lazy swimming
- 10 first class, immaculate, simply, yet stylishly furnished suites each with a private veranda, sun loungers, plunge pool (some heated), and huge bath tubs. As you’d expect the beds are sumptuous and of the highest quality
- there’s Wifi, satellite TV, Nespresso coffee machine and twice daily maid service. There’s also an exclusive concierge service should you wish to take advantage of it
- Althea by Carpe Diem is a lovely little spa space designed for two
- there’s a sunbathing terrace, pool bar and stunning infinity pool – if you feel the urge to do a few laps.
- open all day, the restaurant offers a delicious menu, and the most mouthwatering cocktails
- on-site car-parking is free and available to all guests
Sotiris, the owner and director, knows what true hospitality means. He’s young and enthusiastic about the property he has created, meticulously crafting a luxury experience designed to be like no other. He trained as an engineer at Sheffield and studied management at Imperial College, London and he has a wide and in-depth understanding of European affairs. He is almost constantly on-site and says his aim is to ensure “you have the most unforgettable Santorini experience; one of true comfort and authentic Greek hospitality”.
ReviewsLeave your own
James and Tony: July 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Carpe Diem. It's a lovely property in a beautiful hilltop location, just 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Pyrgos, and thankfully a good 10 minutes' drive from the hustle and bustle of Fira (and 30mins from beautiful Oia). Want to totally escape and relax? Come here. The rooms are beautiful, all with private plunge pools - some are heated, some not so check when you book. The staff are superb. Georgia, Andreas, Tatiana and Panos treated us like family. You might want to eat out if you're staying for a while but it was brilliant and we hope to return again.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Carpe Diem Exclusive Boutique Resort
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Carpe Diem Exclusive Boutique Resort