Historic Bohemian Hotel
This funky and fun boutique hotel in Budapest’s Palace quarter is the perfect place to stay if you are looking to be surrounded by history, art and the buzz of this great city. Each stylish, individually designed room features artwork by an artist that has worked in it themselves. Part of BrodyLand, named after Hungarian writer Sandor Brody, this hotel’s quirky and high end feel matches the city’s grand atmosphere wonderfully.
Brody House is in the heart of the Palace quarter, a neighbourhood filled with stately architecture, you’ll be in the centre of one of the most fascinating areas of Budapest. The area has undergone massive revitalisation in recent years, and is a vibrant, art-filled area.
The sites to see in this remarkable city are endless. In the neighbourhood, you’ll find the Hungarian National Museum is at your doorstep. Numerous restaurants, cafes, and bars are all within walking distance.
Astoria metro station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel, connecting you with the rest of the city instantly. If arriving by air, Budapest International Airport is a 30 minute drive. If arriving by rail, Budapest-Keleti station is a 6 minute drive from the hotel.
- the spacious, highly individual rooms are a standout. Beautiful contemporary design, one-of-a-kind accessories and repurposed furniture all lend an air of boho elegance
- part hotel, part working gallery – if you spot something you love, the staff will take it off the wall, pack it up, and sell it to you
- as a guest, you are automatically a Brody ClubLife member. This gives you access to numerous clubs and restaurants in the city and abroad
- the well stocked, 24 hour honesty baris a great touch and very convenient
- the hotel’s proximity to every important sight in Budapest while still retaining its quiet feel is terrific
- eight individually styled bedrooms (all of which can be twin if required) plus three studios for two to six guests
- all rooms feature ensuites, air conditioning, Wifi and can have cots provided
- the studios all have kitchen and sitting room areas
- great breakfasts are available and there’s a 24 hour honesty bar
- staying at Brody House gives you access to their private members club
Owners William and Peter’s story began in 2004 when they sold their london flats and began to grow their business in Budapest. They lived in the property along with their group of artist friends before converting it into a hotel in 2009. Their dedication to Budapest’s art scene is evident in their thoughtful approach to the project. They have created a unique experience for guests and artist friends alike, running frequent events ranging from cultural salons to fun filled nights out. Brody Land now includes centrally located apartments for short and long term lets plus the amazing Writer’s Villa for bigger groups and events.
ReviewsLeave your own
David and friends: February 2018
Our first trip to Budapest and Brody House was the perfect base. Great customer service before and during our stay as well as some of the most stylish accommodation! The studios provide a bit more space if you're travelling in a group and all the rooms are beautifully presented (and incredibly clean). Breakfast was a lovely affair and a chat in the lounges whilst making use of the honesty bar a great way to end the day / start the evening. Loved it.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.