Scandi chic meets Dorset bolthole
Unique and stylish holiday bolt hole in rural Dorset. Close to lovely Dorset beaches and beautiful Lyme Regis, The Wainhouse is an ideal country escape for up to six in a stunning setting.
In the hamlet of Uplyme surrounded by beautiful countryside you’re still only half an hour’s walk from the seafront in Lyme Regis – you might want a taxi back up the hill, especially if you’ve partaken of the town’s superb culinary offerings! You’re in the grounds of the old farmhouse but with privacy and space and when you’re ready to explore there’s the famous Jurassic coastline, innumerable small towns and villages nearby and incredible countryside walks – The Wainhouse is also dog friendly so you can take the whole family.
- This eco-friendly house has been designed with a Scandinavian influence and there’s loads of pale wood, open spaces and natural light. It creates a perfect ambience whatever time of year you stay
- The whole open plan feel means that you can easily interact together during your stay with open sightlines and flowing spaces
- The woodburning stove definitely helps with that ambience in colder months and heats the whole space. For warmer days the outside space is lovely, with eating and chilling areas and you’ve a BBQ too
- The fact that you can walk to Lyme Regis, explore, swim, eat and then walk back is a real treat! It means you can avoid the hassle of taking the car and justify/burn off lunch with the walk
- Taking a day to explore some of the scenery and lovely villages away from the coast is totally worthwhile. Places like Forde Abbey House and Gardens, which was used as the location for the recent screen adaptation of Far From the Madding Crowd or the National Trust’s Iron Age hill fort, Pilsdon Pen, with its magical views
- The Wainhouse is dog friendly so if your family includes canine members, they’re welcome too
- Open plan kitchen, eating and sitting areas all opening on to the outside space via floor to ceiling windows
- Master bedroom and the bath and shower rooms are on the ground floor, making it accessible for those less mobile
- Upstairs there is a second double bedroom. Please note there are privacy shutters between the 2 double bedrooms, but they are not fully soundproofed
- There are additional sleep pods for single use also on the mezzanine floor. Again, please note these are open to the living space below
- The soaring ceilings and sense of light are helped by the open plan first floor but that also means there are some airline walls and open stairs so you need to be careful with very little ones
- Enclosed garden with BBQ area and parking for two cars
- Child friendly and a highchair can be provided
- TV and sound system and whilst there’s Wifi it’s not superfast
- Dog friendly by prior agreement
The Wainhouse forms part of The Dairy House, which for Diana and her family has been a place to escape to from their lives in Bristol for many years. Her keen design eye means that the gardens and interiors of this lovely house are stunning.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nr Lyme Regis, Dorset
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nr Lyme Regis, Dorset