Immerse yourself in Provencal life in this beautiful village house, a renovated 17th century former olive mill. Tucked away in the oldest part of the beguiling medieval market town Aups, in the foothills of the Alps, this stylishly furnished and spacious home retains its ancient charms.
Where to start in this justifiably renowned part of France? First things first, step out the door of this secluded oasis and you’re immediately amidst village life with its cafes, twice weekly markets and boules in the shady town square, whilst beautiful and well-marked walks can be found in the forested hills immediately behind the village.
Discover the turquoise waters of Lac St Croix and the wild, dramatic scenery of Gorges du Verdonan astonishing nature reserve with breathtaking gorges – 20 minutes from home. For a different perspective on the region take off to the famous beaches of the Cote d’Azur just over an hour’s drive away, as Aix-en-Provence, whilst St Tropez and Cannes about an hour and a half, as is Nice with its famous shopping, beaches and exquisite restaurants.
- The house is deceptively spacious. The accommodation covers three floors and includes three sitting areas which makes for a flexible space with plenty of areas to relax
- Take a chilled bottle of Provence Rosé, stroll down a series of little terraces and be led to a blissful plunge pool; a great spot to wile away an afternoon off from sightseeing
- Local delicacies to discover include the famous truffles (and being the truffle capital of the Var, in winter there’s a weekly truffle auction in the main square), as well honey and cheese. Or simply pop out to the local boulangerie for fresh morning croissants on your terrace
- Slide back the large teak and glass door and the kitchen opens up onto an outside dining terrace; a genial spot for long, sociable suppers
- When you are ready to venture out there are countless activities to experience nearby; from rafting, canyoning and sailing to mountain biking and horse riding
- The lush garden overlooked by the 12th century Saracen tower, is designed for meditation and unwinding but should you tire of that jump in the plunge pool to recharge
- The tastefully furnished main bedroom includes an ensuite with a splendid large bath tub, whilst the smaller double has a shower ensuite
- An additional bed can be used in the top floor sitting area, and another shower room on the first floor means no queues in the morning
- The kitchen, decorated in warm Moroccan tiles, has everything you’d need including Godin gas range and microwave, whilst the large pantry has two fridges and a washing machine
- Internet access, flatscreen TV, music system are all provided, as are cots and high chairs
- Cosy up in front of the open fire in the first floor living room and enjoy feasts at the large dining table with stunning views over the rooftops to distant hills
- There is the option to rent a delightful, smaller house nearby. Perfect for couples and complete with a bedroom balcony overlooking the gardens and a private terrace for dining, it has everything you need for a romantic escape and stunning views to boot
Stephen discovered this magical corner of Provence almost 30 years ago and works in London with the wines of Cotes de Provence. Whenever possible he escapes the city life with his partner, Roberto, and they immerse themselves into the restorative charms of the authentic and friendly village life of Aups.
ReviewsLeave your own
Anne and Jane: September 2018
Jane and I absolutely loved your beautiful house, Aups and surrounding area. Thanks again for sharing your house with us - you are the 4th property we have rented through Further Afield and they’ve all been brilliant.
Martin: December 2018
Just wanted to say how much Anne and I enjoyed staying at the house. You have a little gem there, it was beautifully historic, perfectly placed, relaxing, and although only two of us, we felt at home.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The House In Aups
Aups, Provence, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The House In Aups
Aups, Provence, France