A perfectly formed self catering cottage for two in the heart of the harbour-side community of Penzance. Perfect base for exploring this amazing part of the UK, with its vibrant art scene, dramatic coastal scenery, lush sub-tropical gardens and quality dining, or simply to hide away, escape and recharge.
To get a better idea about the joys of Penzance and Abbey Stables check out this short video.
Abbey Stables is situated in the Abbey Mews conservation area in the historic market and fishing town of Penzance. The mews is only a short stroll from the harbour front and Chapel Street, with its eclectic mix of shops, galleries, eateries and bars.
Penzance is set within Mount’s Bay with its stunning coastline and spectacular views across to the world famous St Michaels Mount.
The town is easily accessible by train (station five minutes from the stables) or by car – five hours from London and Birmingham and six hours from Manchester.
- often places for two are not of the quality of larger places where more money is invested. Not the case with Abbey Stables – quality and style prevail throughout this charming cottage
- the south facing courtyard garden gives you an opportunity to rest and relax
- you can walk from the Stables along the broad promenade west to the fishing village of Newlyn for the catch of the day or go east towards Marazion and walk across the cobbled causeway on the beach to explore the castle and terraced gardens of St Michaels Mount (or catch a small boat if the tide is in).
- going beyond Penzance, this area of Cornwall has miles and miles of pristine coastline and acres of moorlands, with their ancient Celtic monuments, which give you a chance to escape the crowds in the busier months
- one bedroom, sleeps two, with king sized bed and luxurious Egyptian cotton bed linen
- the bathroom features a hydro shower with massage jets and monsoon showerhead
- a flame effect stove, ideal for the cooler months, is the focal point for the living room with its painted floor boards and granite walls. Also includes a high definition flat screen television and a dining table the perfect size for two, plus Wifi
- the light and spacious kitchen is perfectly equipped
- the kitchen leads out into a pretty, south facing courtyard garden, with views through the opening stable door by the dining table
As if often the case, where you choose to live is often determined by where you enjoyed holidaying most and this is true for Rod and Nick. Having spent many holidays in West Cornwall, nearby Penzance is where they have now made their home. Their love of rescuing and restoring period properties with character runs in parallel with their professional lives Rod as an engineer and Nick as a teacher.
Rod and Nick enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer and actively support local iconic attractions such as working at Tate, St Ives and volunteering as a tour guide at Godolphin House, a recently acquired National Trust Property.
ReviewsLeave your own
Gabrielle and Rachael
What an immaculate little cottage! We have had a wonderfully relaxing end to 2012 here in Penzance. This is a beautiful part of the country and we will return. Many thanks for your 1st class property. We will recommend it most warmly.
Michelle and Clare
What a delightful cottage and so expertly dressed and renovated. Superbly high quality and in a great central location. We felt looked after and welcomed.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Penzance, Cornwall, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Penzance, Cornwall, England