DECADENT PRIVATE GLAMOUR
This extraordinary luxury Georgian gay friendly townhouse in the heart of the Cotswolds boasts celebrity visits and an exclusive welcome for up to eight guests. The jewel-like interior is a visual feast, featuring a stunning art collection, an irreverent mix of contemporary and classic furniture and designer fittings.
In the heart of the Cotswolds, overlooking the market square of beautiful Tetbury, Oak House No 1 is a perfect pad from which to head out to the Badminton Horse Trials or Polo at Cirencester Park Polo Club. Or if you’d rather hang out at Highgrove, Prince Charles’ estate – or simply browse the Highgrove shop and the many antiques shops for which Tetbury is famous, this townhouse is the place to be.
Oak House No 1 is an easy run by car from London or Bristol; or can be reached via Cirencester from the M5 and the North.
- its reputation for high celebrity-style quality stands proud and leaves you thrilled and won over by the sheer glamour of it all
- the food is superb amid an atmosphere of indulgence that it is easy to sink into and simply revel in!
- from polo to shooting lessons and car track days, Oak House will do their best to help you make the most of your time with them – so a perfect opportunity to try out something new or enjoy a familiar pastime.
- or if you just fancy a long winter walk, they have Hunter wellies that line the hallway in all sizes
- Oak House is an exuberance of colour, glamour and decadence – creating a superbly luxurious 5 star boutique hotel
- three suites and a library bedroom with a queen sized bed and a wealth of books to choose from. The Garden View Suite is a calm, elegant private suite with its own corridor and garden view. The Cavalier Suite has two double bedrooms for up to four guests sharing a huge contemporary bathroom. This is the most romantic and glamorous suite. The Prince’s Suite with its Super King size four poster bed is a wonderful mix of period and contemporary furnishings with an arty twist
- all the rooms have the facilities you would expect in a deeply luxurious hotel, from TVs, iPod docks and Wifi to a silver tea set, cashmere throws and a pillow menu – you choose to suit
- at breakfast, you are surrounded by opulence – from the finest cut glass to the silver cutlery and fabulous original works of art from Andy Warhol and others – you dine in style!
- the sitting room is luxurious with a range of current papers and magazines to dip into while you lounge in a the many master furniture pieces in the house – from deep Mulberry-furnished sofas to limited edition bronze chairs by Mark Brazier Jones (in private collections of Madonna, Brad Pitt and others)
- a walled garden and contemporary outdoor lounge area is the perfect place to relax with afternoon tea and scones, although you may have already tucked into these in your room…
- they can recommend great places to eat. Just a minute’s walk from their door is a Michelin starred restaurant and several gastro pubs, so you will be spoilt for choice
The owner Gary Kennedy studied fine art at Saint Martins School of Art and is a celebrated interior designer and art collector (featured on TV and in many magazines in the UK and overseas). Gary and his partner Nicky are passionate about ensuring that their guests have a truly luxurious experience – and their warm welcome and discreet, bespoke approach help make Oak House No 1 a truly memorable visit.
ReviewsLeave your own
Alain, February 2013
I and a friend spent a wonderful three days in Oak House No 1, Tetbury. Had a great birthday dinner at Whattley manor and Nicky and Gary took us to the gardens at Westbirt. The house is extraordinary - a cross between a special musuem and an Alice in Wonderland moment. Nicky and Gary are lovely people, Nicky with the lilting voice one could listen to for hours and Gary with so many things to share it bubbles out. The room was spectacular, sumptous bed and sheets and a vaste bathroom. Breakfast were stunning and endless.
Many thanks for the recommendation we look forward to more Further Afield trips.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Oak House No 1
Tetbury, The Cotswolds, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Oak House No 1
Tetbury, The Cotswolds, England