North Devon Boutique B&B
A beautiful Victorian house, in the heart of North Devon gem Lynton – as well as the Exmoor National Park – this stylish and intimate B&B has incredible views and offers an ideal base to explore close to the Exmoor coast.
Lynton, with its great range of pubs and restaurants, is perched high on the hill above coastal Lynmouth – with the two towns connected by the Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway. Stay local and explore the laneways and harbour walks or venture further and discover the wonders of rugged Exmoor and this varied region of the UK. Beaches. Historic buildings and towns. Amazing eateries. We love North Devon.
Getting to Lynton is easiest by car (it’s 35 minutes to Minehead) or take the train to Barnstaple and jump in a taxi – ideal if you’re here to experience the stunning walking routes.
- Staying here means you have access to varied and beautiful coastline, countryside and some of the UK’s finest food and drink
- The Valley of Rocks is worth the short walk to soak up the drama and beauty of this unique stretch of the coast
- Taking the cliff railway down to the harbour in Lynmouth is fun in itself. Once you’re there it’s a lovely town to explore and your hosts will suggest some great eateries
- Newly decorated, the rooms are bright, fresh and modern and we love the bathrooms
- The breakfasts at Southcliffe are really good. Like, really good! A great range of dishes and a kitchen that will adapt to your dietary requirements. This is proper old school hospitality
- All the rooms are great, but if you can book Room 1 or 2 you get your own private balcony from which to enjoy those views
- Sometimes going to an adult only environment is required and Southcliffe has a no under 16s rule
- Seven bedrooms (Four king, Two double and One twin)
- Two rooms have private balconies and the Turret Room has fantastic views from dual aspect windows
- All rooms are en suite with modern and well-designed shower rooms
- Each room has tea and coffee facilities, Wifi, freeview television, DAB radio alarm clocks and hairdryers
- The varied and brilliant breakfasts are served across the two breakfast rooms, both of which maintain the lovely Victorian features of the house
- Whilst there’s only limited parking, there’s space to park up and unload and additional free parking close by
James and Stuart are seasoned Further Afield partners – they were part of the collection with their previous Welsh B&B – but they’re excited to now share their love of this corner of Devon. Friendly, approachable and knowledgeable they want to ensure you get the best of your holiday on the Devon Coastline.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.