Country bolthole for Two
Cosy and romantic converted barn for two set in stunning gardens. Explore historic and beautiful Worcestershire or simply retreat and recharge. Read about Hop Pickers’ House, another beautiful cottage for two at Brook Farm.
Just outside of lovely Tenbury Wells – with its independent shops, pubs and restaurants – Hen House is part of Brook Farm (see also Hop Pickers House). The farm is beautiful and you’re encouraged to make the most of its gardens and grounds. Venture slightly further and there’s historic Ludlow and its castle and the whole area is full of natural beauty, with fantastic walking and exploring opportunities.
Easily accessible from the North and the South and only 40 minutes from Birmingham. If you’re train’ing it there are stations close by too.
- The whole vibe of Brook Farm is one of tranquility and escape. The gardens are amazing and you’re made to feel at home immediately by your wonderful hosts. You also have your own outside space including a BBQ and outdoor log-burner
- There’s so much to do around here. From walking to shopping, sightseeing to stately homes – one of our faves is Stokesay Court, the setting for the film ‘Atonement’ (https://stokesaycourt.com)
- The cottage is intimate and cozy, making it an ideal escape for two, but with access to masses of outside space
- Staying at the Hen House you get exclusive use of the cinema room, with streaming services and DVD player
- This is an area known for its cider so you definitely try some of the local brew. Luckily there are pubs and eateries within walking distance…
- Being able to take your four legged friend on holiday is always a bonus, but especially so when they get to roam the gardens at Brook Farm
- Brook Farm could also be a fantastic venue for a celebration. There’s space to host up to 16 overnight and up to 100 guests. Informal and personal, it’s lovely. http://www.brookfarmberrington.com/celebrate
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen space leading to bedroom and bathroom – all on one level making for easy access
- The living space is comfy and has stable doors looking onto the gravel garden in front of the cottage
- The kitchen is compact and well equipped and you’ve access to a washing machine and dryer
- Central making this a cozy winter cottage holiday
- Private outside space and access to nine acres of amazing gardens (read more about them here http://www.brookfarmberrington.com/garden)
- Smart TV and Wifi, but we bet you’ll end up switching off and soaking up the tranquility
Hosts Stephen and Steven grew up in Shropshire and Worcestershire – but haven’t always been country boys! They lived the city life and wanted a new challenge; a different way of living and now love being closer to nature and creating special places and spaces for people to enjoy. It’s important to them that everyone has a fantastic time, whether they’re there to celebrate, switch off for a couple of days or get out and about.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire