Reserve a stay of three or more nights in 2020 and receive 20% discount. Use the code FA20 when booking
A stunning and sumptuous Art Deco villa with a serene ambience. Perfect for lovers of luxury looking for a relaxed boutique gay friendly guest house base from which to explore this beautiful region at anytime of the year.
Trip Advisor’s Traveller’s Choice Award winner: 2011-2019
A grand 1930’s house within a landscaped walled garden in a quiet residential area of the town of Mazamet, South West France, with views of the Montagne Noire mountain range.
A short stroll to the centre of Mazamet which holds three markets each week, has beautifully tendered parks and a good variety of shops and restaurants. It’s 45 minutes drive to the historic cities of Carcassonne and Albi, and 15 minutes by car, train or bus to the must see town of Castres.
Nearest airport at Carcassonne with flights from across the UK, Ireland & Belgium. Trains from Toulouse connect with the TGV service to Paris & London.
- The calmness of the house and its beautiful interior – very soothing and relaxing
- The creative restoration which has helped to let the light into the corners of these stunning rooms with their amazing original Art Deco features
- The care and attention to detail of Geoffrey and Janice in terms of the house and its guests; they’re very friendly, likeable and helpful
- It’s a great base for exploring this wonderful region including medieval market towns and historic sites
- The contrast with the Mediterranean landscape. At 300m above sea level there are lush meadows, forests and mountains to explore
- Walking in the Languedoc National Park and cycling along parts of the 85 km cycle route
- Janice, with her Diplôme en Pâtisserie from Le Cordon Bleu, prepares all meals served in-house, and supports producers of local food and wine to create fabulous regional meals
- Five beautifully appointed and stylish bedrooms with original parquet flooring, marble fireplaces and fabulous furnishings. Light, spacious and decorated in calm earthy hues with views of the mountains
- Deep king size mattresses and fine linens
- Choose from Classic, Superior Balcony (with direct views to the mountains), Superior twin and Deluxe with roll-top bath, separate walk in shower and twin sinks
- Large luxurious en-suite bathrooms with a range of bath and shower options. Fluffy white towels, bathrobes and Gilchrist & Soames bathroom products
- Flat screen TV, DVD player, iPod docking station and free Wifi in all rooms. DVD library in the TV lounge, with access to Netflix
- Outdoor pool for a refreshing dip, and indoor spa with sauna and jacuzzi for a relaxing treat
- A light and spacious restaurant where a buffet breakfast and delicious four course dinners are served. Breakfast includes freshly baked bread and pastries, Nepresso coffee and much more
- Dinner, a four-course set menu, is served Friday-Sunday evenings and features locally sourced, seasonal produce. Tuesday-Thursday evenings, choose from a selection of sharing platters
Geoffrey and Janice took over La Villa de Mazamet in 2020, after living in 8 countries. They fell in love with the serenity and quaintness of Mazamet, and the charm of the southwest of France with its fine weather, cuisine, history and wine
Having stepped foot on all 7 continents together, Geoffrey and Janice made the decision to run a boutique guesthouse that offers first class quality and service, parallel with some of the best experiences they have had as guests
Prior to La Villa de Mazamet, Geoffrey worked in education and Janice in sales and marketing (executive sponsor of the LGBT Pride committee for Australia at her last workplace).
ReviewsLeave your own
Julie - August 2016
I found La Villa Mazamet via Further Afield website and was impressed by the reviews and description of the hosts and the property. Having visited, believe me even though both are excellent the actual experience is way better!! Peter and Mark as others have said are wonderful hosts and their attention to detail for the comfort of their guests and Peter's cooking is sublime. I would urge anyone thinking of visiting, don't think, do it!!
Matt Richardson - October 2015
My partner and I spent two nights here and it was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. The villa is fantastic and the attention to detail impressive - all made even better by the warm welcome and service provided by Peter and Mark. We have already recommended the Villa to many of our friends and hope to return in the near future.
Angela Reid and partner Sara - August 2014
My partner and I have just returned from a 12 night stay at La Villa, our fourth in five years which probably tells you all you need to know. It is without doubt the most beautiful, welcoming, stylish and relaxing hotel we have ever experienced. It was the first place we travelled to as a couple, and Peter and Mark were exceptional hosts who have become good friends. This year, they helped me propose. It was the most special place I could imagine to do it and they made it perfect for us. From the impeccable decor to the delicious food and wine, and Peter and Mark. Its simply perfect.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Villa de Mazamet
Midi-Pyrenees, SW France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Villa de Mazamet
Midi-Pyrenees, SW France