A peaceful French getaway
This enchanting stone built ¨Maison du Maître¨ with pastel coloured shutters is as French as you can get. This well distributed house offers large groups (up to 10) everything you need to enjoy a perfect self- catering holiday.
Maison Mondou is set in the heart of the French countryside in the Lot et Garonne region south of Bergerac. A short distance from the nearest town; the 11th century medieval Monflanquin.
Here you can enjoy the local markets to purchase all you need to prepare dinners on the terrace or stop and have some lunch in one of the squares. The house itself is surrounded by countryside and trees and is incredibly peaceful. It´s great for walking too.
The nearest airport is Bergerac and is 50 km away
- This house enjoys a beautiful pool with uninterrupted views across to the fields and woods
- The sheer tranquility of being in the heart of the French countryside leaves you no option but to switch off
- The smaller barn conversion within the grounds, great for either children or guests who fancy being even more peaceful!
- Evening meals can be organized on request to save you bothering about cooking when all you want to do is take in the view!
- If you need more exercise then head to Monflanquin and hire bikes and explore on two wheels
- Three double bedrooms in the main house plus two bedrooms for two in the annex
- Several sitting rooms across the house with plenty of space to escape and restore
- Stunning pool and gardens looking toward to open spaces and lakes
- Large fully equipped kitchen
- Barbecue for outdoor dining and the large terrace
- Boule area and sports equipment (table tennis, pingpong, badminton, croquet)
- Beautiful terrace for al-fresco dining
- Smart TV with Amazon and Netflix, Bluetooth speakers
- Child’s cot and high chair
Maison Mondou is owned by an English family who purchased the derelict property in 2007 and lovingly restored it with entertainment in mind. It’s a large family who love to socialise and the space was designed to cater for dinners, long lunches, teenagers with friends and for people to come and stay for as long as they wanted. Now they’re happy to share this wonderful house with yours!
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Lot et Garonne
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Lot et Garonne