Beautiful Sicilian Island Escapes
These spacious and light filled dammusi are set amongst lush green gardens with wonderful open views down to the rugged coastline and sea beyond. Pantelleria is natural and unspoilt place yet it’s accessible and the houses modern and inviting, the ideal place to escape, relax and restore.
The volcanic island of Pantelleria is a rocky island off the coast of Sicily, from which on a clear day you can see Tunisia, it’s second closest neighbor. Surrounded by warm Mediterranean waters, its not a sandy beach lovers destination due to its rocky edges, but with superb crystal clear waters, plenty of water sports and your own pool (which are heated at some points of the year) this is a water lovers paradise! Explore the island with its masses of fauna and flora, combine a stay here with time exploring Sicily or simply use this time to step outside of every day life and enjoy this beautiful family friendly Sicilian island.
You can fly to the island from Sicily (Palermo, Trapani or Catania) or the main Italian cities, making this a perfect holiday for a dual destination trip. Once on the island it’s easy to hire a car or scooter and explore in your own way.
- The traditional style of these houses and apartments, but equally their modern and cozy interiors
- Each house has its own veranda and outside space providing privacy and space to unwind
- Most of the houses have their own pool, which are heated at certain times of the year making these ideal escapes, great if you’re with little ones too
- Taking the charter yacht Vida out for a day and exploring the rocky coves and caves around this stunning island
- The island has some great places to eat, so you can head out on your scooter and discover fabulous Italian seafood dishes
- If you feel more active then rent a bike and combine exploration with exercise (and burn off the calories before you partake of superb food and wine)
- Seven dammusi and apartments for between two and six guests, all with lovely inside and outside spaces
- One of the dammusi has a bathroom suitable for those less able and has also a sensory path for those not fully sighted
- Well equipped kitchens and modern bathrooms
- Spacious private terraces – some with hammocks perfect for idling the day away
- Five dammusi have private pools and the final two share a pool
- The team at I Jardina will help plan all sorts of things, from flights to dinners, days out to shopping
- If you’re travelling with your canine family member then you can bring them to I Jardina too
I Jardina has a long history with Michela’s family. During a holiday on the island in the 1970s, Michela’s Grandfather felt in love with this island, its people, their amazing hospitality and the beautiful landscape. At the end of 1990s Michela’s father decided to build the resort and after Michela fell in love with a local “pantesco” guy Pantelleria become her and her family’s new home.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.