Eco Cornish Getaway
Head to the serene north coast of Cornwall and this lovingly restored and characterful Cornish holiday cottage for four. Original, rustic charm is everywhere, but beautifully combined with modern touches and an eco-friendly spec. Sprawling private gardens, close proximity to the seaside, and most importantly – the chance to truly escape.
In the Hamlet of Trebisken, Old Pear Tree Barn lies in the Holywell Bay area of Cornwall’s sandy north coast. A beach lover’s dream, the property is a five minute drive to the stunning sand dunes and glittering sea. A short walk to the quaint Cornish village of Cubert makes for a lovely excursion too. Whether it’s the world famous surfing you’re after, super country walks, tucking into some truly special cuisine at one of the regions renowned restaurants or simply escaping for a few days, this place has you covered.
It’s also well connected; train stations at Newquay and Truro are both half an hour away, the road system makes Exeter and London easily reached and if arriving by air, Cornwall Airport Newquay is a 25 minute drive.
- The first floor sitting room is beautiful! Bright, white washed walls and panelled ceilings complete with exposed beams and stonework gives the home that breezy seaside escape feel you want when you come to Cornwall
- The enclosed and generously sized gardens here are showstoppers. Sweeping valley views will be your backdrop while enjoying meals or tea al fresco
- The eco-friendliness of the property is fantastic. With the help of some ingenious technology, the homes heat and hot water are provided by ground store heat pumps
- The kitchen here is fully equipped, and makes for the perfect place to prepare some memorable meals, especially when there’s a welcome hamper filled with Cornish specialties and staples
- When you don’t want to cook there’s the a 400 year old thatched pub, called The Smugglers Den, which is less than a 10 minute amble down the lane
- The glass balconies overlooking the grounds and surrounding countryside are luxurious and offer another cozy spot to curl up
- The bedrooms are on the ground floor meaning those who are less mobile can still enjoy a stay here
- Two bedrooms – an en suite double and a twin plus a further shower room
- A sun-filled, fully equipped kitchen with open plan dining room (we love that the starter pck includes dishwasher tablets and coffee pods)
- Bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen are all easily accessible on the ground floor
- Large, bright, first floor sitting room with more amazing views plus SKY TV, Netflix, CD player, WIFI and a Bose Sound Dock
- Large private gardens with sun loungers to enjoy that famous Cornwall sunshine – plus this is a dog friendly house so bring your pooch too
- A BBQ and outdoor eating area are perfect for sharing great meals and savouring the views
- Private car parking makes it super accessible
- A supermarket delivery service is available, letting you make the most of your getaway
A few years ago owners Simon and Sue came upon a run-down barn and piggery and decided to rescue it! Being former pub and restaurant owners, they knew first hand what it takes to make guests feel at home and that sense of comfort and attention to detail resonates throughout the house.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Old Pear Tree Barn
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Old Pear Tree Barn