Chic holiday home with pool in Normandy
An elegant and beautifully styled thatched French holiday home with plenty of space inside and out for group escapes in rural Normandy. Chill by the fire or the crystal clear pool depending on the time of year, explore a region full of history and charm and experience some of France’s finest cuisine. This is a truly magical French holiday home
In the town of Manerbe, a very pretty little village whose church, dating from the 15th century, is listed as a historical monument. The village is close to Pont l’Évêque, not far from Honfleur and the beaches of Deauville-Trouville, in the heart of the Pays d’Auge, on the cider route. La Moutinière is ideal for exploring this beautiful and fascinating area.
- This is a truly quality stay. The house is stunning with its thatched roof and timbered interiors and it has been furnished beautifully
- Playing billiards after dinner or setting up a game of pétanque. It’s so beautifully French!
- Use your hosts’ little black book of super restaurants and wineries and discover some of France´s best cuisine
- The house has space for larger groups without being on top of each other, ideal when there are 10 of you!
- We love the open fire in the kitchen which gives that extra bit of romance to a night in the house dining by flickering light
- The gardens are fabulous, planted with ornamental trees as well as a small apple orchard
- The sitting room has great, big sofas with an open fireplace as well as windows and doors to the garden
- Take the house for a group of six (in low season) or up to ten with access to all five bedrooms and three bathrooms
- Spacious kitchen with everything you need to prepare meals for a family or group stay
- There are sitting and dining rooms to spread out in as well as sweeping outdoor terraces and gardens surrounding the pool
- The living room has a Smart TV (satellite reception, Netflix, Prime Video), Bose and Harman Kardon sound systems
- The bedding and bed linen are of high quality, with memory foam mattresses in some of the rooms
- Large terrace with plenty of outdoor sofas and tables plus a BBQ
- Sparkling 13 x 5 mètre pool which is heather at certain times of the year, which is fully enclosed and secure (children should always be supervised) and petanque alley
- Yoga classes, body treatment and massages, Chef, baby-sitting services and visits to cider and calvados cellars can all be arranged
Catherine was raised and spent the major part of her life in Paris where she studied then worked for large companies before starting her own. She always spent holidays in Normandy where her parents owned a house and a few years ago decided to start a new phase of life by renovating her parents home and offering it for rental. Today it’s a successful business and Catherine loves to welcome guests and make sure they feel at home and enjoy resting in a peaceful place.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.