Cornish Country House Holidays
Tucked away on an historic private estate, surrounded by beautiful countryside and with views across the Lynher River, is this stunning interior designed country house for 10 with large landscaped grounds and a hot tub.
Ince Barton forms part of the privately owned Ince Castle estate in the Lynher River AONB. You approach the house down a long, private drive and it is ensconced within rolling green fields which slope away to the riverbanks beyond. The estate is dedicated to regenerative faming and is a haven for wildlife. You’re not isolated here though and there’s good services within the local area as well as easy access to some of Devon and Cornwall’s highlights. If beaches are your thing there are plenty nearby, including Tregantle, and the Dartmoor National Park on hand for more rugged adventures.
Driving offers the best way of accessing everything on offer, but you could take the train to Plymouth or Saltash and jump in a taxi. There is also a helicopter pad and hanger on the estate should you wish to fly.
- The grandeur of the house with its beautiful drawing and dining rooms, artwork and furniture, but none of which detract from its truly homely feel
- The house is well laid out for big groups, with rooms and bathrooms spread across the house giving the space to retreat
- We love a bathroom that is properly decorated and designed and these are great examples
- There’s a great family / TV room – especially nice if you’re travelling with younger people so they have their own den
- The gardens are large and full of surprises, including a wood fired hot tub!
- This is a lovely location for exploring Devon, but also for retreating somewhat from the world
- The Ince Estate is implementing a regenerative agriculture farming system, helping transform the gardens and pastures of into a more biodiverse, abundant and nutrient dense haven. This means great kitchen garden produce is available as well as the chance to spot rare birds and wildlife
- Three double or twin rooms and a bunk room for four
- One double room on the ground floor for easier access
- All three double rooms are ensuite
- Beautiful drawing and dining rooms plus a TV room
- Fabulous 1950s inspired kitchen, but which is totally up to date and superbly equipped
- Entertainment system and Wifi throughout the house
- BBQ and furnished patio areas within the gardens, plus a “hidden” garden with a wood fired hot tub
- Daily Housekeeping in the morning (Mon-Fri) is available on request by prior separate arrangement
- Bicycles, Kayaks and Paddle boards can be made available by negotiation
The owners of Ince Castle, Anthony and Peter, are a gay family with two young boys and have made the move from London to Cornwall. They were attracted to Ince Castle because of its fantastic position and its unique waterfront rural setting. They love the country life and their boys LOVE it!
They have thrown themselves into the gardens and kitchen garden on the property and are busy redecorating the castle. They approach the estate being mindful of the environment and aware of the benefit to themselves and the land of farming in an organic and regenerative manner.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.