A stay in the clouds near Granada
This intimate, cozy, stylish and unique B&B in the Andalucian mountains near Granada is taken to another level when you step out the back door. From the terrace and garden the world opens below you with amazing views stretching across the valley as far as the often snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada.
Check out this video of Casa Higueras in the hills near Granada
Some 40 minutes’ drive from the hub of ancient and historic Granada is this traditional and picturesque mountain village. Moclin is surrounded by simply stunning Andalucian countryside, with great walking routes from the front door and a sense of stepping out of the modern world to somewhere where you can truly breathe. Enjoy the tranquility of a stay here, soaking up those views, or head out and explore local towns and villages as well as, of course, The Alhambra in Granada.
A car is pretty much essential here and it’s an easy drive from the airport in Granada (35 minutes) or further away, Malaga (1hr 40min).
- The house has been lovingly renovated, incorporating huge windows and flowing open plan spaces, whilst retaining its historic features
- Those views are really quite exceptional. Step onto the terrace and simply soak them up. The Andalucian light is almost magical and the mountain ranges in the distance majestic and somehow other worldly
- Andrew and Ian love meeting people and their presence makes for a special part of your stay with them, but space is there if you need it
- “Homemade” and “local” are themes throughout the experience of a stay at Casa Higueras; from homemade pancakes at breakfast on the terrace to bedroom throws woven nearby
- If you fancy it lunch and dinner can also be provided. It’ll be a treat…
- The upstairs sitting room with its huge windows onto the terrace (and those views) is elegant and comfortable and with its open fire is an ideal retreat year round
- Walking out of the front door you’re almost straight into lovely countryside and your hosts can provide you with guidance on local routes
- Their local knowledge extends well beyond the village and their concierge style service truly helps you get the most out of your stay here
- The bedrooms. Just two, but each cozy, calm, bright and quiet. Lovely
- Ground floor double or twin room with ensuite shower room
- Whilst the downstairs room is wheelchair friendly and has a walk in shower, the house and village are best suited to those more mobile
- First floor double with adjacent, but not ensuite, shower room
- Both bathrooms have high quality fittings, gorgeous Spanish tiles, lovely toiletries and great towels. Bedding is super comfy
- Open plan ground floor space – shared with your hosts – with kitchen and dining areas, plus a small snug full of books.
- Large first floor sitting room opening onto a terrace overlooking the garden and which is positioned to maximise the wonderful views
- Breakfast is served daily either on the terrace or in the dining area, and lunch and dinner can be provided
- Small, but carefully curated honesty bar and there is a range of local products for sale, including olive oils, jams, marmalades and limited edition prints
- A myriad of local experiences and classes can be organised by your hosts, including cooking classes. Check out the full list of what’s on offer
- There’s fibre optic Wifi throughout the house and garden and you have access to Ian and Andrew’s in-depth knowledge of the area
Andrew and Ian decided to leave London in 2016 and have since firmly established themselves as part of their community in Moclin. Alongside the B&B rooms they run several other tourism related businesses in the area including Granada Concierge, a series of creative and cultural course holidays.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Moclin, Nr Granada, Andalucia
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Moclin, Nr Granada, Andalucia