Ostuni, Puglia, Italy
A strikingly beautiful trulli, this completely renovated property, set among almond, fig and olive trees, wins you over before you even step through the door. Original features, a fabulous pool and charming detail, such as the outdoor wood pizza oven, make this a first-class destination. Sleeps six.
Surrounded by open Italian countryside and with hilltop views, Trulli Roccia offers a private, rural setting in the Valle d’Itria: perfect for relaxing and retreating from the world. Just 10 minutes by car, you can be in the beautiful hilltop towns of Ostuni, Cisternino, Martina Franca and Ceglie Messapica, each with its own unique character – and type of mozzarella! Ostuni is a bustling, stylish location with restaurants and bars to please the most discerning foodies, with a fantastic 15th century cathedral to visit too.
If you’d like to hit the beach or try out some watersports, the Ostuni beaches on the Adriatic coast are a 25 minute drive and those on the Ionian at Campomarino are about an hour. Further afield there are great excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Alberobello (35 mins) and Matera (1 hr 30 min), as well as the beautiful baroque city of Lecce (1 hr 30 min) or Otranto (1 hr 45 min). Though a car is necessary, the area is brilliant for hiking and to explore on bike – you can take leisurely tours on various scenic routes.
The nearest airport is at Brindisi (40 minutes drive) or Bari (1 hour 10 minutes drive). Both airports are served by most airlines.
- this charming property has been so carefully and thoughtfully renovated and decorated, you’ll instantly feel relaxed and ‘at home’. Everything has been thought about and is available in the property, but the space has been very cleverly used and nothing detracts from the historic quality and beauty of the original trulli
- the peace. The thick stone walls offer cool respite from hot sunny days, but also a wonderful feeling of privacy and tranquility
- the outside area offers a real opportunity to be outdoors morning, noon and evening. Sunbathing on the terrace is lovely, as is dining al-fresco in the shaded area for lunch, or enjoying an evening cocktail while taking in the view. Be sure to try out the pizza oven!
- Steve and Glenn are wonderful hosts, offering up gems of insider knowledge about where to eat in the nearby towns
- each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom. The bedrooms comprise a master bedroom with double bed, a second room with a double that can be changed into singles and a third bedroom with double bed
- fully equipped modern kitchen, with dishwasher and separate dining room to seat six
- two lounges, one with ‘chill-out’ alcove
- an outdoor shaded area for eating al-fresco. Also outside, a BBQ and wood burning pizza oven
- WiFi, iPod docking station
- a swimming pool, open May to October and six sun-loungers
- washing machine and central heating for chilly out-of-season nights
- children are welcome but no pets and no smoking
Glenn and Steve have collectively worked all over the world and have now settled in the UK. Glenn, originally from the US, is a marketing consultant and Steve, from the UK, works in the technology sector.
Sick of the unpredictable UK weather, they were drawn to southern Italy in search of sunshine and beaches where they fell in love with Puglia’s rustic Italian authenticity – and the food and wine.
They both love the outdoors and Puglia has provided them with the perfect combination of climate, beaches, and opportunities for cycling and exploring the wonders of this largely unspoilt part of the world.
Glenn and Steve also own other beautiful villas including Trulli Vistas (2 bed/2 bath), and Glenn with friends Kasia and Michael owns Trulli Pesto (2 bed/2 bath) and Trulli Pecorino (2 bed/ 2 bathrooms and both with private pools).
ReviewsLeave your own
Charlotte J. (July 2017) - Amazing holiday!
Glenn & Steve were a delight to deal with and all our questions were answered swiftly. TrulliRoccia was a beautiful traditional Trullo and the decoration was simple yet elegant. The Trullo was very much off the beaten track and we suggest hiring a small SUV to engage with the bumpy narrow roads, we did and it was a good tip. Annie met us on our arrival to show us where the Trullo was and this was invaluable, as it is really very hidden - but this just adds to it's charm! Annie showed us around on our arrival which was helpful and the Trullo has everything you will need for your stay from a pizza oven, BBQ, washing machine, two fridges, coffee machine, Wifi etc. The pool was glorious and the shallow areas were great to lie in for us and our boys to play in. We loved going to Ostuni and Cisternino...and we ate loads of gelato - the best place was definitely Cremeria Scala gelato.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Ostuni, Puglia, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Ostuni, Puglia, Italy