The grandeur and stunning décor of this beautiful boutique hotel are the first things to hit you. Next, the friendly informality kicks in and before you know it you are relaxing with a glass of Cava. Amazing gourmet food completes the whole sense of escape in beautiful Dordogne countryside.
Jordi and Eduard are always happy to help you plan any type of event and you can take Chateau La Thuiliere over its entirety for any type of celebration. With gourmet catering and amazing wines available it could be the perfect setting for whatever you have planned.
Set within its own 17 acre estate of woods, parkland and garden you will feel a million miles away at this boutique hotel. The surrounding countryside is stunning – vineyards and rolling hills for miles and miles.
The beautiful medieval towns of Bergerac and St. Emilion (UNESCO World Heritage Site) are a short 25 minute drive away.
The nearest airport is in Bergerac (30 minutes drive away) and there is also a major airport and train station in Bordeaux (50 minutes drive away).
- there is nothing bland here. The sumptuous and bold interiors create grandeur but not at the expense of homeliness. Candles and flowers set everything off beautifully
- Jordi and the small friendly team make you feel relaxed from the get go. Nothing is too much trouble and their service is fantastic without being intrusive
- the food is amazing. A wonderful blend of local Dordogne and Hispanic cuisine. We can’t recommend it highly enough. The chateau is surrounded by organic growers and producers so most of the food is locally sourced
- a key part of the lengthy restoration was the role of interior designer, Llorens Padrell from Barcelona. His strong personal interest in the project was crucial to ensuring that the soul of the chateau was respected in its transformation into a contemporary place to stay
- relaxing with a book in the garden hammock…perfect peace
- there is a train station five minutes away and they can pick you up
- five beautiful comfortable rooms including two very spacious suites. King size beds, fresh flowers every day, and fruit or daily home made muffins, flatscreen TV, iPod, Nepresso coffee machine. En-suite shower rooms with bathrobes and Miller Harris selected bathroom products
- an amazing drawing room (previously the dance parlour) with sofas so deep and comfortable you may just plonk yourself down with a good book and curl up in front of the log burning fire for the duration
- the must try five-course tasting menu is served in the dramatic dining room at a large communal table. Delicious seasonal and regional dishes prepared by the chef, include duck ravioli, marinated mackerel and truffle and cêpes risotto. There is also a smaller menu of four courses for those with smaller appetites. Eduard’s wine recommendations from the wine list are spot on. If you prefer you can ask Jordi for a room service on the terrace or inside
- a generous breakfast of local products is served on the monastery table in the atmospheric basement kitchen with home made products and bio fruits
- a well stocked honesty bar in the drawing room – try Jordi’s fab G&T and some chocolate pearls
- library, billiard table, free Wifi and selected press in the hall. always roses everywhere or perfumed flowers from the garden
- transfers from/to airport can be organised, and you can arrange to have a rental car waiting for you at the château at additional cost
- you can also borrow bikes and go for a short trip to the river at sunset
Jordi and Eduard are originally from Barcelona where Jordi was the founder of MITHES shops which sell kitchenware and operates a cookery school. Eduard’s background is the business world where he was CEO of a major company. Today he is an independent business consultant and a sommelier running wine tasting courses.
Both wanted to develop their respective passions for cooking and wine into an unforgettable experience in an amazing location. After two years of searching they found their dream venue in an idyllic spot where Dordogne gastronomy (foie, truffle and duck) meets the world’s premier wine region of Bordeaux.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Chateau La Thuiliere
Dordogne, SW France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Chateau La Thuiliere
Dordogne, SW France