ROMANTIC ESCAPE FOR TWO
A charming and simple river village cottage for two with a French bistro design feel to the interior. Perfect for romantic escapes. Owned by the lovely Sue and Micaela who also own and manage the nearby LA GRANDE MAISON guest house.
For every booking a €5 donation will be made to Stonewall.
The beautiful Loire river village of Treves stands proud on the banks of the Loire. The self catering cottage is just a short stroll to the river, a traditional restaurant and a tabac in Cunault.
A peaceful location from which to explore the Loire Valley around Saumur and Angers.
The nearest international airport is in Nantes but there is also a good train service to Saumur from Paris.
- The tranquil and very traditional French river village of Treves
- The simple romance of it all and chilling out on the veranda
- Visiting local wineries and wine houses using the provided wine maps and trails
- Sunbathing on the Loire river beaches with a picnic when the river is low in Summer
- A cold beer or glass of wine at the local tabac in Cunault
- Cycling around the wineries and taking a river trip
- One bedroom with double bed and high quality cotton linens. Simple white decoration with wooden flooring and beams. An additional single bed can be added on request
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area. Eclectic hand-picked furnishings. Fully equipped kitchen with Smeg oven, Gorenje fridge and butler’s sink. French oak dining table
- Contemporary white tiled ensuite bathroom (separated by curtain from bedroom) with bath and shower
- Veranda with direct access for alfresco dining
- Log burning stove with wood supply to keep you cosy in cooler months
- Bikes for cycling by the River
Sue and Micaela are also the owners of guest house – LA GRANDE MAISON. La Petite Maison is their option for those who prefer a self catering cottage.
There is not much that Sue and Micaela don’t know about wine. They created the original Loire Valley wine tour package back in 2004 and have been building on their knowledge and experience ever since.
Both originally from Brighton, Micaela’s background is in hotels and computer software and Sue worked in the wine business. They both fell in love with La Grande Maison in 2004 and La Petite Maison in 2006 and now enjoy sharing their passion for wine and the Loire Valley.
ReviewsLeave your own
Review from Belinda and Sally from Australia: Spring 2013
Dear Micaela and Sue - Thank you so much for your little 'River Cottage'. We enjoyed our time here for some much needed R&R. We will definately be recommending this place to our friends and family. Best wishes for the season.
Review by Sophie Hartman: May 2011
One of those super places that actually lives up to, or even surpasses, its lovely website photos: stylish, comfortable, excellently well equipped and made even more pleasurable due to the friendliness and efficiency of Micaela and Sue.
They were endlessly helpful in my early querying stages and responded so helpfully to our desire to do the whole thing without car or plane. We took the train from St Pancras at 10.25 and were sipping beer outside a tabac by the Loire by 5.30pm. We used the resident 'vintage' bikes to get around and were supplied with the most sumptuous hamper of foodie delights to see us through our first evening and morning (bread, cheese, home grown salad, home laid eggs, plenty of excellent local wine, and much much more).
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
La Petite Maison
The Loire Valley, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
La Petite Maison
The Loire Valley, France